Aqualung Titan LX question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cathouse

Registered
Reaction score
I have been using LP tanks with my AL Titan LX reg. The reg is rated up to 3300 psi. I have been thinking about upgrading to HP tanks, 3442 psi. Will I need a completely new/different reg to deal with the high pressure or can my lds upgrade my reg for the HP tanks? Thanks.

Nevermind. I got my question answered.

May I ask whats the answer??? Also, how do you like the Titan LX? Thanks

The answer mason would be to convert it to a DIN assembly. That's the only dif between using an HP and an LP tank... well... close enough anyway...
The LX rock's... and the new versions pretty sexy looking too!

Waynne is right on with the answer I received. I too love the reg. Dove to 110' the other day and it was easy on the lungs.

Just used my brand new Titan LX and it was pretty good, the only only thing is once and awhile I got a little wet taste in my mouth of seawater. Is that normal?

Don't forget there is a difference between DIN connections for LP/standard pressures and HP...

HP DIN connection is 7 threads and the standard/LP one is only 5 threads. My Micron & Legend Regs both have DIN but only the Legend is HP..

Don't forget there is a difference between DIN connections for LP/standard pressures and HP...

HP DIN connection is 7 threads and the standard/LP one is only 5 threads. My Micron & Legend Regs both have DIN but only the Legend is HP..

That's interesting Bob,
I was under the impression that the differences in din was in the valves themselves--7 thread for standard valves and 5 thread for convertible valves. I use the standard 7 thread din on my Titan LX's on both types of valves.. Are you saying that the Micron din will not work on a standard din valve?

The answer mason would be to convert it to a DIN assembly. That's the only dif between using an HP and an LP tank... well... close enough anyway...
The LX rock's... and the new versions pretty sexy looking too!

But all of the HP tanks have convertable valves any way's, so does it really matter? Oddly enough though the 3300 psi it says on the LX yoke valve is I think around 232 bar. 232 bar is what it says on the XS convertable valve that comes standard on a 3442 PSI tank. Don't quite get that he service pressure on the tank is higher than what it says on the valve, althoh it does say 3442 also.

From what I'm told, converting to DIN would only alleviate stress on the connection part any way. It won't change anything on the first stage part. I had to use a Titan LX this weekend on HP tanks that were filled to 4000 psi and had no problems. Perhaps regular use at that pressure could be a long term issue though.

Besides the dinky mouth piece, it was a great reg. I couldn't tell the difference breathing wise between 10' and 100'.

That's interesting Bob,
I was under the impression that the differences in din was in the valves themselves--7 thread for standard valves and 5 thread for convertible valves. I use the standard 7 thread din on my Titan LX's on both types of valves.. Are you saying that the Micron din will not work on a standard din valve?

The convertible valves are not HP valves. Sure you can put HP burst discs in them but they are not supposed to be used as HP valves (per my understanding).

The Micron DIN connector will not work with the 7 thread HP DIN valves as it doesn't screw in all the way.

It's fine to use the HP DIN Regulator connector on the shallower 5 thread valves as the important part is that the o-ring makes solid contact with the surface in the valve.

Back
Top Bottom