AquaSafari

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, I drive to Guanajuato just north of D.F. at least once a year to visit family.

I'm envious, I've never seen Guanajuato but would love to some day. Listen, I'm backin off of this thread . I dont mean to offend anyone and apologise if I have. When I was young people may have called me aggressive. Now I'm just a cantankerous old fart, who loves Cozumel(guilty as charged) and loves to dive. Pura Vida!

If you ever make it down that way you'll want to make a pit stop about an hour east of San Luis Potosi to dive La Media Luna. Crystal clear warm water springs.

If you ever make it down that way you'll want to make a pit stop about an hour east of San Luis Potosi to dive La Media Luna. Crystal clear warm water springs.

That sounds great Reef, and thanks for the kind reply.

Is the marine park guy and the habor master one and the same? Or are two different guys with different but related jobs?

Harbor Master and Marine Park are two completely different entitites.

Harbor Master has no control or authority over divers or the marine park, only maritime issues. This applies to divers only when he closes the port for inclement weather.

Harbor Master does not speak English Jonathan.

The former Marine Park Director does. I say former because Robert Cudney resigned as marine park director just before Christmas, I just found out. His position has not yet been filled.

Isn't the harbor master the guy that lives around 65 Bis, has 2 silver Mercedes? I have talked to him in the past and was under the impression that he was the harbor master, and he speaks awesome English. I may be wrong about that, though, he might just work at the harbor master office.

Isn't the harbor master the guy that lives around 65 Bis, has 2 silver Mercedes? I have talked to him in the past and was under the impression that he was the harbor master, and he speaks awesome English. I may be wrong about that, though, he might just work at the harbor master office.

No, the harbor master we have now has only been the Harbor Master since November 2007.

I know who you are probably thinking about. He IS a Captain, but for the Pilotos...which is a completely different thing, they are separate from the Harbor Master. They have jurisdiction over the cruise ships. It's very confusing but they are seperate...and the man you are thinking of is with Pilotos.

No, the harbor master we have now has only been the Harbor Master since November 2007.

I know who you are probably thinking about. He IS a Captain, but for the Pilotos...which is a completely different thing, they are separate from the Harbor Master. They have jurisdiction over the cruise ships. It's very confusing but they are seperate...and the man you are thinking of is with Pilotos.
Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

If the Harbor Master lived in that house and was driving two Mercedes...there would be some suspicious and upset people around here...haha!

It is 2 weeks now since this incident occurred and I've seen welcome interest and investigation from AS but nothing in the way of conclusions or corrective action. I'm begining to think the original tittle may not have been that far off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom