Are All Hoods Uncofortable?

How Does your Hood fit?

• Great, like an extension of my head!

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Ok, but It doesn't bother me.

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Not so great, but I ignore it once I see the fishes!

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Terrible, but neither do my fins.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ingreevox

Registered
Reaction score
:)
I have tried on about ten cold-water hoods and made this discovery. NONE FIT GREAT> my problem is always in the neck, it always seems too tight. Maybe I'm just weird, but my new Henderson semi dry, for the money , is the best feeling, but it is not perfect.

Any one else have the same problem?
:confused:

Has been fixed :wink:

My Mares 5mm hood fits me like it was custom made for my head

It is amazing what you can accomplish with a sharp pair of scissors

My hoods fit great. Maybe a custom cut hood would help. Of course they are more expensive but I wouldn't mind paying a little more for comfort.
edit to add link Aquaflite Custom Suits
I meant to add this link for ya :D

Where's the "my hood fits well, but I still hate it" option?

I'm with you, I hate 'em. I look at hoods like I look at vaccines. They suck, but you'd die without them.

I got one last week that has a zipper all along the back for easy donning. That makes them quite a bit less painful.

Never had a problem with them being too tight in the neck, that would be very uncomfortable. Maybe you do need a custom job. It would be expensive but worth it.

I've had a henderson 5 mil gold core hood for a while now. I actually thought it fit ok. I find it rather confining though. I bought a DUI suit last year and tried the hood on then - didn't like it at all. This year, my goldcore was lent out to someone, and i had to use the DUI. To my surprise, it was still a bit tight going on but once on, i didn't feel as confined as my goldcore. It actually feels quite nice on. I just didn't give it enought time last year. I'll be using it from now on. The goldcore is however almost perfectly dry inside of you dont let any water in. That can be a decent feature i'd think for some really cold dives.

steve

Yeah, they might suck at first, but 90% of the diving up here requires a hood so you get really used to it. I don't even notice the thing is there anymore..

Back
Top Bottom