Are All Hoods Uncofortable?

How Does your Hood fit?

• Great, like an extension of my head!

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Ok, but It doesn't bother me.

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Not so great, but I ignore it once I see the fishes!

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Terrible, but neither do my fins.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Bare 6mil semi-dry. I've had it for years and I've never wished for anything else... It's very comfortable, keeps my head extremely warm, and is fairly easy to don/doff.

-Roman.

Of course a hood is uncomfortable!
That's why we don't wear the damned things unless it's cold.
E.

I have Henderson Hyperstretch 3 mil vest with attached 5 mil hood. I was kinda dreading the whole prospect of a hood....but I haven't been uncomfortable at all in mine. Very comfy and warm.

Peace,
Cathie

Here's another vote for the Hyperstretch. I actually had a hood that made me sick because of the way it felt around my neck. The Hyperstretch is just awesome. And it's warm enough that I wear it under the ice.

Thanks for all the great input. Good to see its not me, but hoods are just an item you have to have to dive in the cold north east.
But, I have to admit, I returned the suit to the dealer, and replaced the semi dry, with a 7mm titanium and a matching hood.
It feels alot better, and I dive this weekend at Dutch Springs with it for the first time. So, I wll report back.....and if you see the silver Isuzu down on the penninsula on sunday.....dont forget to say Hi.....It would be my pleasure

KEEP BREATHING

Epinephelus once bubbled...
Of course a hood is uncomfortable!
That's why we don't wear the damned things unless it's cold.
E.

Ditto!:mean: But of the two I've owned the Henderson 5 mil is the most comfortable to wear (when I'm forced to).:wink:

I'll cast my vote for the 5 mm Henderson Gold Core. I love how easily it goes on and off.

I've gotten so comfortable with the hood to my drysuit I usually wear in the the tropics for any water colder than 80 degrees. I've found it helps keep the my mask from leaking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom