Are All Hoods Uncofortable?

How Does your Hood fit?

• Great, like an extension of my head!

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Ok, but It doesn't bother me.

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Not so great, but I ignore it once I see the fishes!

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Terrible, but neither do my fins.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just purchased a zippered hood and my first dive with it was sweet. It is so much more comfortable. Not to mentions so much easier to take on and off. Wish there was a way to have a zippered hood with vest.

:guitar:

I use a Northern Diver hood which fits me fine, nice and loose around the neck, snug around the head and doesn't come up over my chin or close to my eyes (I have a very small face so find it difficult to get things to fit) but I still hate it!

When I am in the water I can forget that it is there which I guess is the important bit but as soon as I surface it comes off, most of the time I don't even wait to get out of the water to take off my hood :wink:

on all my California dives and it is quite comfortable. I don't even notice it is on. It was made by Body Glove. Unfortunately, after about 700 dives it is just about time to (sniff) replace it.

Dr. Bill

I now have a henderson hooded vest I wear over my hyperstretch, and it seems nice so far....

I only have two dives on it though....

--Sean

Back
Top Bottom