ARE SCUBAPRO JETFINS STILL GOOD FOR OW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jet fins rule. Have the same pair for over 30 years. They are heavy, but I have never found a fin yet that can propel me through the water with the least amount of effort.

Thanks for the link to the fin test. That is the best fin thest I have ver read and the only one since the Navy did one back in the 50s I think that at least used some sound principles for the testing. Excellent, thankyou.
Uh, did y'all notice that the Force Fin Pro has a very high performance in the test. That the ScubaPro Jet did very well also despite the weight which can be a good thing, that the Apollo pretty much smoked everything for max thrust, that the Mares fins did great overall. Good reading. N

A diving friend of mine just some how found a pair of PINK Jet Fins....I am very jelous to say the least!!!!!!!

I also still have the same pair of JetFins that I bought 32 years ago when I first started diving, and keep them in my bag as a backup. They are indestructible and outstanding performers, and I would still use them more frequently but for the fact that I bought them to fit over a homemade neoprene "sock" and now I wear real boots (with my Atomic split fins).

If I didn't feel like I would be betraying my old Jet Fins, I'd buy a new pair with a larger pocket and use them more often. I think the Jet Fins are one of the great dive gear inventions of all time.

I'm a size 10 1/2 and get away with wearing a pair of Large Jetfins. They fit just right and I love the way they let me get around crouded boats. I also have springs on them (halcyon straps, $75.00/pair) also size L. For me, it's the best fit and the fins allow me to reach 2.5 mph (providing the sea doo scooter my wife was using was fully charged) with a moderate flutter kick, or a nice burst of speed with a strong flutter kick. However, the fins are best for frog kicking.

I just finished duct taping my pair of XL Scubapro jet fins. The locking mechanism kept unlocking and I would lose the strap underwater. When duct tape is there the failure of a locking mechanism will not result in a lost fin. It also prevents entanglements.

-V

I'm in the process of making up several sets of spring straps for Jet Fins. No duct tape needed, if anyone is interested PM me, I'll sell them for $35 per set mailed.

good old threads never die...
bad old threads never die either. :)

Back
Top Bottom