Are there any good computers under $300??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotty

Reaction score
Can a person get a descent dive computer for 2-300 dollars? If so what brands do you recommend? Thanks.

Scotty once bubbled...
Can a person get a descent dive computer for 2-300 dollars? If so what brands do you recommend? Thanks.

I'm very happy with my Oceanic Data Plus. If it breaks, I'll get another one.

It records depth, elapsed time, and temperature and is pretty easy to figure out.

It was still under two hundred a couple of years ago.

Hey Scotty, Two excellent computers for that price are the Suunto Vyper and Uwatec Pro Ultra. Both are are non AI (if that's what your'e looking for) and are right at $299.00 and are very popular. I just purchased the Uwatec after much research and the thing that pushed me in favor over the Vyper was the numbers display over the bar graphics on certain functions. It was strictly personal preferrence rather than one computer being better than the other.
Hope this helps

I also dive a Vyper. A good computer with logging and can be used just as a bottom timer if you want.

I love the wrist mounted versus console.

I use Suunto Vyper
$300 - Lesiure Pro

Fine piece of equipment. MOST, not all but most computers can be had for under $300 on the street.....even nitrox capable. If you are looking for air only then it's very easy to find. Do a search for computers. There are many threads on this subject.

Also check ouy the Oceanic Versa Pro. It has the largest and easiest to read graphics out there!

No, AI means Air Integrated... there are some computers that function as an SPG and calculate remaining air left in your tank as well, these are AI computers.

The Vytec has an AI option, UWATECs are another brand that are known for AI computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom