Are there any good scuba magazines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I enjoy Alert Diver. The ecology, dive destination and some health/medical info. make good bathroom reading.

At this point, I use ScubaBoard and the user ratings on vendor sites (e.g.: LeisurePro, ScubaToys, Amazon) for critical discussions of gear. While the vendor may make every product out to be a fine purchase, people who've bought and used it (particularly those who've used one or more competing products) may give a more realistic appraisal.

What I'd like to see more of are dive destination reviews that don't read like 1'rst person male fantasies from poet-wannabe's. Balanced, with an eye toward providing the negatives in addition to the positives, and weighing the destinations against some alternatives.

For example, for someone considering a dive trip to St. Thomas from the U.S., maybe point out why someone would or wouldn't choose it over St. Croix or Key Largo?

Richard.

---------- Post added February 6th, 2014 at 05:22 PM ----------

Oh, while it's an online mag., did you check out Advanced Diver Magazine? I'm not sure what level of gear you'd like reviews of, but they cover some gear on their site.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom