Are you a good Instructor/DM/Guide/Buddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonix:
iris may balat? yoko ata maging buddy si iris :D

:bash: isa ka pa! hmmmph!!!

well, at least there's three of us here na. kainggit sila noh? :)

Was diving with a commercial operator last week with a DM that rates a commendation. He was leading a group of reasonably experienced divers - me and a DM trainee - me on a recreational dive the DM trainee on some sort of training dive. On the way to the safety stop he had found an octopus and had it flowing around his body and showing the animal to me (not a practice I am happy about - prefer leave it alone and look at it, but that is another issue and everyone has their own preferences) but the point is he was busy. A diver about 20 feet away at the safety stop - not in his group at all, ran out of air and started to panic. (How she got there is yet another story and the DM in charge of that group I suspect will not be working long) He made it over to this new diver in a split second, had her calmed down and breathing on his air in very short order.

The kudos go for being totally aware of ALL the divers in the water around him, not just his own group and for an ability to calm down a new diver starting into serious panic mode.

Darnold9999:
Was diving with a commercial operator last week with a DM that rates a commendation. He was leading a group of reasonably experienced divers - me and a DM trainee - me on a recreational dive the DM trainee on some sort of training dive. On the way to the safety stop he had found an octopus and had it flowing around his body and showing the animal to me (not a practice I am happy about - prefer leave it alone and look at it, but that is another issue and everyone has their own preferences) but the point is he was busy. A diver about 20 feet away at the safety stop - not in his group at all, ran out of air and started to panic. (How she got there is yet another story and the DM in charge of that group I suspect will not be working long) He made it over to this new diver in a split second, had her calmed down and breathing on his air in very short order.

The kudos go for being totally aware of ALL the divers in the water around him, not just his own group and for an ability to calm down a new diver starting into serious panic mode.

now that's a good dm :wink:

iris_ice:
:bash: isa ka pa! hmmmph!!!

well, at least there's three of us here na. kainggit sila noh? :)

I guess this is how jag and jonix felt during the DOR2 meet. Surfing, surfing thru the net. Anyway, next week as I said nasa galera me (coming from Aquav). Mag inggitan na lang tayo siguro!!!!!!

OT; can you imagine ice cream made from a jelly Fish?! It's true according to a korean diver. Hmmm...chocolate jelly marble or vanilla jelly, anyone:11::D

jelly1.jpg

i wonder how many jellyfish they had to sacrifice to come up with one scoop...

iris_ice:
when, oh when will this ever happen to me?!!! i seem to be a shark pariah. they seem to sense i'm around so they go and intentionally hide...

and you were looking for your buddy 'cause you'll feed him to 'em? good buddy, you are :slick:

bwahahaha....sounds like a DM I know bwahahaha..wil not name names....kasi andito rin sya sa board:D more than 10 yrs na diver hindi pa nagpapakita ang sharks sa kanya
hahaha...:D
but when they took me at MAINIT Anilao...hehehe less than 5 mins of the dive we saw one... and saw 3 big ones all together in a single dive...hehehe reef sharks :10:

answer to the question above.....Pre sa sobrang takot ko hinahanap ko buddies ko at least me kukuha sa remains ko just in case ...hahahha:D

after that encounter.....i swear... I will never dive without a buddy:06:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom