Are you a recreational, rectech or technical diver.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got certified for decompression diving with my YMCA basic OW. They had these tables with 60 ft for 60 mins, 70 ft for 50 minutes etc. If you stayed longer the tables showed you how long you had to stay at 20 ft and how long you had to stay at 10 ft before you could surface.:D

My OW PADI course did the same thing, we used the Navy dive tables. On our 8th or 9th dive we dove to 130ft. No big deal.

I use The Force to sense all that around me.

But with the blast shield down, i can't even see, how am i supposed to dive?

Nice. Wish I'd thought of that in my Overhead Protocols class :rofl3:

68781d1259959777-you-recreational-rectech-technical-diver-2.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 171
Purely recreational. AOW with drysuit cert. Looking for EAN cert. next and then starting Rescue in the Spring. After that a couple more specialties and then who knows? Just want to dive in warm or cold water. Fresh or salt. Summer and Winter. Don't like caves or anything else enclosed (claustrophobic) which rules out my tech. stuff.

Diving deeper than 100 feet is a goal as I have not had any issue to date with narcosis down to a bit below 110 feet. Not afraid of the depth; just need bigger tanks. :crafty:

ROFLwithtears.gif

Who cares what other people are doing as long as they aren't screwing up the Rec diver's dives. Do your dives and don't worry about what the other guys are doing. It IS possible to dive recreational profiles on a CCR you know.

Yea exactly... Often on the charters I do there are a mixture of single tank and double tank divers, and sometimes CCR divers. Some sites suit both NDL + decompression dives and thus you can have a wide variety of the types of setups on the boats.

Tin foil is so much easier to use. Just fold a sheet up in your pocket, then put it over the diver's/victim's mask and crinkle the edges around the lens. You get the same blackout effect but can apply and remove it underwater.

Used to be very common in PSD training.

I am tech diver want-a-be.

I am recreational diver, That diving with BP/W with double 95's with long hose, Down to max depth of 130 feet on air.
I hope one day that I get to take my trimix course, If I can get into a new job.
Other than that I did PSD diving for the county.

Dave,

Before I saw it was you I was looking for the little troll guy with the blue hair :) You are not the type who goes looking for controversial action so I don't believe your post count bit at all. Curiosity, yes. Healthy debate, ok.

I am a diver looking to learn more, that is it. Although no one said it, I hope we all sport equipment and journey into conditions, based on personal preference, because it represents and serves us, as individuals. I hate to be categorized, I am what I am and I am ok with not fitting into one group or another.

Donna

Back
Top Bottom