Are you a recreational, rectech or technical diver.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But with the blast shield down, i can't even see, how am i supposed to dive?
68781d1259959777-you-recreational-rectech-technical-diver-2.jpg

Interesting, I think I need one of those. I have dived with 2 blind divers and heard their explanations for wanting to dive, but would be interested in "seeing" it from their perspective. Personally, I am not sure if I am as brave as them, but worth a try :D

Donna

I'm a Missouri American technical diver in an open water divers body. All I lack is money, time, opportunity, training, equipment and a place to go. In my mind I can do it all ,I just haven't learned how yet.

Tin foil is so much easier to use. Just fold a sheet up in your pocket, then put it over the diver's/victim's mask and crinkle the edges around the lens. You get the same blackout effect but can apply and remove it underwater.

Used to be very common in PSD training.

Fair enough, though deploying and switching to our blacked out masks (and stowing our primary) without losing contact with the line was part of the taskloading.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom