Are you just happy to see me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H20Bubbles

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So, where do you carry your safety sausage? Do you just clip on to the BC? Seems a little big and dangly for something like that.

I am not sure which SMB you have but I clip mine on the bottom D ring on my Knighthawk. Its very close to the right pocket. Perfect position for me and I always know where it is. I have also put it in the pocket but it doesn't really interfer with anything when its clipped in.

Now keep in mind I am anal about making sure it is rolled up tightly and won't unroll during a dive. It's happened before and its just embarrassing.

Right BC pocket (SP Jacket BC). Left pocket has spool, strobe, Z-knife.

If I roll it tightly, it just fits.

Terry

H20Bubbles:
So, where do you carry your safety sausage? Do you just clip on to the BC? Seems a little big and dangly for something like that.

Lower right D ring on my Seaquest Balance, I know where its at and its rolled tight and doesnt get in the way.

Left drysuit pocket ... pre-rigged to the spool.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I've always carried mine on a right shoulder D-ring, where I can inflate it without unclipping, which reduces the risk of losing it on the surface. I am going to start using it more, test deployments on the first dive of every trip. :wink:

I clip mine in just like on the Halcyon page. I have the 6' "super big alert marker" that Haylcyon makes. The only difference is that I put the dump valve and inflation valve away from my back. By doing that it takes up the empty space in the BP versus stabbing me in the back. If you accordian fold it then it comes out very easy and is completely out of the way. I hang my reel from the o-ring on the back of my crotch strap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom