Ask Performance Freediving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all,
I just wanted to put a post on here letting you know that Performance Freediving is on here now and if you have any questions about snorkeling or freediving, feel free to ask us! We eat, drink and breathe freediving (ok well...I guess we only breathe sometimes...:wink:) and are willing to address any questions you have.

We also run courses around the country (though most often in Ft. Lauderdale where we have an office) if you're interested in learning anything from how to become more comfortable in the water snorkeling all the way through learning how to dive as deep as 132 feet we have a class for you!

Looking forward to talking to you soon,
Erin
PFI Instructor
954-302-2791

It was great talking to you yesterday... you are going to make a wonderful asset to our Snorkeling/Freediving forum!

Hi, my name is Cory and i am new to this site. I have done a lot of free diving and am looking to increase my depths. I am generally diving between 25' and 35'. How can your classes help?
What kind off classes do you offer?

Cory

Do you have any instructors in the MD area? I know a few of us that may be interested!

Hey guys,
Well our courses can help in several ways. We teach various techniques to increase breath hold ability (our basic students usually leave the class with about a 2-3 minute breath hold and our intermediate students typically leave with a 4-5 minute breath hold), to help you get to deeper depths (many of our students get to 100 feet in the class, and beyond), and to make your diving safer by teaching you techniques we use to prevent problems and to deal with them once they've already occurred. We focus a lot on safety while teaching you to dive deeper and stay down longer than you ever have before, but we do so in a friendly environment. All of our instructors are down-to-earth and are always happy to answer questions or to help you with any aspect of your diving that you're having difficulty with.

Well we haven't had any classes in MD yet, but we run at least once a year in Va Beach if you're interested!

If you guys have any specific questions, please feel free to email me!

Hi,
I'm interested in learning how to freedive/spearfish, but i dont have any equipment.
The PFI center that is near by to me is in monterey and is only running the level 2 course

And I'm 15 so im not sure if that affects it or not

Hi Coolio,
Have you ever tried freediving before or would the class be your first time? If so I can put you in touch with independent instructors in your area that teach basic courses. We teach 15 year olds, you'll just need parental consent. Please give me an idea of the level you're at and we'll discuss details of getting you into a course. You can always email me with questions too.

Talk to you soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom