Atmos Mission One

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1
I use metric system over here so might not notice much difference on the depth but i would totally agree with the others. Fortunately, I still enjoy logging my dives by hand :D

If you have some time to spare, please do write to atmos .. the more the merrier and hopefully quicker actions.
We should be on metric as it makes way more sense:popcorn: I was just surprised that there was no other option for the log and that it changed to metric on a log download.

Could you report back on the algorithm? What’s it like to DIVE with the computer?

I used it at 40/85 (medium) and it has custom options as well. Due to the constant deeper depth readings it always had 10-20 minutes less for the NDL compared to my Excursion also set to 40/85.

I used it at 40/85 (medium) and it has custom options as well. Due to the constant deeper depth readings it always had 10-20 minutes less for the NDL compared to my Excursion also set to 40/85.
The Mission One's presets are labeled low, normal, and high conservatism. I've never read how these correspond to GFs. Are you sure the normal setting corresponds to a GF high of 85? Perhaps you could use the custom setting and choose a GF high of 85 and see how that corresponds.

One thing that may help us all is knowing what the clean 1st dive NDLs look like from the planner. Would you be so kind as to run the air NDLs from 60-130 feet on the low, normal and high setting? To be clear, you could also run them on a custom setting GF high of 95. 85 and 75.

Reactions: Jay
The Mission One's presets are labeled low, normal, and high conservatism. I've never read how these correspond to GFs. Are you sure the normal setting corresponds to a GF high of 85? .
On the actual computer they are labeled - Low - Medium - High - Custom with the GF next to each label. The medium is 40/85.

Perhaps you could use the custom setting and choose a GF high of 85 and see how that corresponds.

One thing that may help us all is knowing what the clean 1st dive NDLs look like from the planner. Would you be so kind as to run the air NDLs from 60-130 feet on the low, normal and high setting? To be clear, you could also run them on a custom setting GF high of 95. 85 and 75.

Not today since I left it at my office but I sure can tomorrow. From what I recall the planner has odd increments even though it was is feet. I recall trying to do 55 and it gave me something odd like 52 and 57.

I remembered this being posted a bit back as well so maybe this will help..

Picked mine up a few minutes ago... Flipped through the menu and set for 68'
Low was 38 min
Med was 29 min
High was 23 Min

You can also go in to Custom setting on the Conservatism menu.

I am probably hold out for more AI watch options in the next year. With that said, if I were to consider this device, how would people compare it to the Scubapro Aladin A1? I can get either for close to $400. The Atmos has a color screen. Other than that, the Scubapro is probably better at doing everything else as a dive watch.

I just got back from a weekend dive trip. It's a great DC. The display's clear and vivid and vibration is strong. I didn't miss any alarms it attempted to notify. Did 5 dives and the battery dropped only 1 bar (backlight mid).

Connection:
My iPhone 11 works well with the MISSION ONE and the ATMOS APP. However, my friend had some issues with the connection so he wrote an email to ATMOS. They replied very quickly and said they are fixing it. And asked about the model of android device.

If you got connection issue, better write to them and provide the device you use.
info@atmos.app

I am probably hold out for more AI watch options in the next year. With that said, if I were to consider this device, how would people compare it to the Scubapro Aladin A1? I can get either for close to $400. The Atmos has a color screen. Other than that, the Scubapro is probably better at doing everything else as a dive watch.
I think many people looking at the Mission One or the Excursion, are looking for a computer running Buhlmann ZH-L16C with presets +/- custom GFs. The Aladin A1 runs proprietary Buhlmann ZH-L16 ADT MB. Microbubble levels can be set to 0 or MB alerts can be skipped, ultimately defaulting to 0, without penalty. The profile dependent intermediate stop (PDIS) cannot be disabled, but there is no penalty for skipping it. From what I gather (ScubaLab hyperbaric chamber testing) the underlying Scubapro decompression algorithm runs moderate to conservative.

I just got back from a weekend dive trip. It's a great DC. The display's clear and vivid and vibration is strong. I didn't miss any alarms it attempted to notify. Did 5 dives and the battery dropped only 1 bar (backlight mid).

How was your depth readings compared to other computers/gauges?

Connection:
My iPhone 11 works well with the MISSION ONE and the ATMOS APP. However, my friend had some issues with the connection so he wrote an email to ATMOS. They replied very quickly and said they are fixing it. And asked about the model of android device.

If you got connection issue, better write to them and provide the device you use.
info@atmos.app

What language is your computer set to?

I tried the 11+ and it had similar issues with sending over accurate notifications and such. Though the connection was much better.

Have you downloaded logs to the app? If so did it record GPS data so it is viewable via the APP?

The Mission One's presets are labeled low, normal, and high conservatism. I've never read how these correspond to GFs. Are you sure the normal setting corresponds to a GF high of 85?
I looked at it earlier and the presets are labeled:
Low 45/95
Med 40/85
High 35/75
Custom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom