Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To Ron or anyone with info,

can someone tell me how long the surface intervall is before a new dive? When my wife uses her Cobalt for "Open Water Dives" she gets 1 - 5 logged dives, with a single dive. Ther are short intervalls while doing the skills. The logbook shows intervalls of 3 min. We just had a close look at the pc-logbook, and noticed a 3 min. log at 0.4 m. After that the computer starts a new dive. The 0.4 m seems to be the computer hanging in the water, while the diver is at the surface. Is there a way to change the time for the surface intervall?

Happy Diving from Germany
Gunnar

To Ron or anyone with info,

can someone tell me how long the surface intervall is before a new dive? When my wife uses her Cobalt for "Open Water Dives" she gets 1 - 5 logged dives, with a single dive. Ther are short intervalls while doing the skills. The logbook shows intervalls of 3 min. We just had a close look at the pc-logbook, and noticed a 3 min. log at 0.4 m. After that the computer starts a new dive. The 0.4 m seems to be the computer hanging in the water, while the diver is at the surface. Is there a way to change the time for the surface intervall?

Happy Diving from Germany
Gunnar
The surface interval allowed before registering the dive as a new dive is two minutes. This is defined by the algorithm, and repetitive dives incur a slight decompression penalty. We can't change the time period, as it is set by the algorithm, however we are looking at ways to treat such profiles as a single dive in the logbook. We understand this is an issue, particularly for instructors.

Ron

Just back from a short trip to Maldives, logged 8 dives with Cobalt, so far doing good, even self-repaired keyboard works fine.
Noticed that the comp is a bit slow of detecting and correctly displaying pressure when valve is opened. One time showed "0", had to reconnect cable, probably was my fault. Other time got "170" instead of "200" bar, but corrected itself in 10 seconds.
The rest was very smooth :)

Just back from a short trip to Maldives, logged 8 dives with Cobalt, so far doing good, even self-repaired keyboard works fine.
Noticed that the comp is a bit slow of detecting and correctly displaying pressure when valve is opened. One time showed "0", had to reconnect cable, probably was my fault. Other time got "170" instead of "200" bar, but corrected itself in 10 seconds.
The rest was very smooth :)
The Cobalt uses a series of buffered readings to calculate tank pressure, so there will be a delay on initial readings, and if the particular time slice happened to occur when you just opened the valve, it might take a cycle to correct to full pressure. This sounds like normal behavior.

Ron

Ron, remember I asked for a replacement keypad? As you suggested I have contacted AA support and was redirected to German destributor, who has promised to send me one. Is was on 23d of May, and I havent heard from the guys since. Wrote them a message couple of days ago, no reply. Is it possible to check if they did ship me a replacement?

Ron, remember I asked for a replacement keypad? As you suggested I have contacted AA support and was redirected to German destributor, who has promised to send me one. Is was on 23d of May, and I havent heard from the guys since. Wrote them a message couple of days ago, no reply. Is it possible to check if they did ship me a replacement?
I checked with the German distributor, and he said that the keypad was shipped the same day you requested it, via DHL letter. He said that getting things to Moscow at a reasonable price takes a long time. Hopefully it will turn up soon

Ron

Well, knowing Germans looks like they got a really good price :wink: no offense
hope it arrives before my next trip in August

Ty Ron

Well, knowing Germans looks like they got a really good price :wink: no offense
hope it arrives before my next trip in August

Ty Ron
I don't think Russia has a monopoly on slow mail- we just sent a package to Belgium and it took about a month, mostly in customs. Hope it comes soon.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom