Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cobalt is done it wont turn on or anything updater just keeps running running and running with nothing happening. I guess time to scrap the dives today. Will I have to send the unit back to atomic to get it back up and running? 1200 dollar brick at this point!!!

Cobalt is done it wont turn on or anything updater just keeps running running and running with nothing happening. I guess time to scrap the dives today. Will I have to send the unit back to atomic to get it back up and running? 1200 dollar brick at this point!!!

...and you tried the procedure in post 429? ....and it did not work?

...and you tried the procedure in post 429? ....and it did not work?
I was able to get in touch with T. Haney, and we got his Cobalt back up and running. It apparently failed during the update at a point that required the battery to be removed in order to update successfully. So far we've only seen this on the Mac updater, and only twice to my knowledge. But if anyone ends up being totally unable to recover from a failed update/ power interruption during update on the Mac, it might be worth trying it on a Windows system if you have one available. Or PM me.
Ron

I've got two on order myself. Should arrive any day now...
I just got notice that the Zagg screen protectors for the Cobalt are finished, and I should be getting a sample soon. It should be available on the Zagg website shortly.

:shakehead:

And I suppose the case/sleeve will come out right after I leave for Belize.

:D

It apparently failed during the update at a point that required the battery to be removed in order to update successfully.

The Cobalt battery? I thought we were supposed to send the unit back to Atomic to remove/replace the battery.

Can the Cobalt be attached to a Miflex HP hose with the quick disconnect? In other words say if I want to use a different or longer hose, is that possible, or am I stuck with the Atomic hose?

Adam
check out the first post on page #28

gb

Pardon a naive question from someone unfamiliar with the Cobalt, but I've been trying to research this unit and find it confusing that you have to enter the tank size and pressure. If, for example, I were using a AL 80, is it up to me to enter 77.4 CU/FT or would most people just enter 80? Sorry, but this confuses me. Why not just work with pressure? Is it trying to calculate my RMV? That would require an accurate volume entry. Thanks.

Pardon a naive question from someone unfamiliar with the Cobalt, but I've been trying to research this unit and find it confusing that you have to enter the tank size and pressure. If, for example, I were using a AL 80, is it up to me to enter 77.4 CU/FT or would most people just enter 80? Sorry, but this confuses me. Why not just work with pressure? Is it trying to calculate my RMV? That would require an accurate volume entry. Thanks.

Did you read post 460?

Back
Top Bottom