Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I must be the lucky one, fingers crossed i havent had any problems with the machine or the update procedure. Not a fan of the desktop logbook app but i do prefer paper logbooks anyway so not too much of a problem for me. Im a happy Atomic owner but perhaps people only post when they have an issue, can we not have some posters put their good stories on here?

Just got my cobalt back from Atomic for warranty work for the button issue. I shipped it 13 days ago. Got it back, buttons work like new, new screen protector applied. While it kind of sucks to have to have work done on it with only 19 dives on the computer, Atomic's handling of the situation was excellent. I decided to deal directly with them instead of going through my LDS where I purchased the computer only because I knew it would have to go back to Atomic for the work anyway. When I called, I described the issue and they immediately issued an RA number and sent me the RA form to include in the box. I paid shipping to them, they paid shipping to me. 13 days from dropping it off at UPS until it was sitting on my door step is great, given that I was told it would be a two week turn around time.

2nd dive logged avg depth of 15m and max depth of 7m? Ill stick to my good old paper log and use the log book on the machine thanks. That said it should be sorted as some people want an electronic logbook. It was advertised as part of the inclusive price, we paid for it and it should work.

I'm seeing the same thing. My average depth is greater than my maximum depth. This is of course when I look at these things on the current version of the Windows desktop software. The crazy sort order is now fixed. :)

I'm seeing the same thing. My average depth is greater than my maximum depth. This is of course when I look at these things on the current version of the Windows desktop software. The crazy sort order is now fixed. :)
We confirmed this error and have put it back in the developers court. Hopefully a fix will be out soon. Average depth in the Cobalt is accurate- not sure where the Windows software is getting it.
Ron

I'd love to see a regular clock while diving with my Cobalt, I always want to know when lunch is.....and maybe even release notes with firmware upgrades letting us know what changed....

I'd love to see a regular clock while diving with my Cobalt, I always want to know when lunch is.....and maybe even release notes with firmware upgrades letting us know what changed....

A clock would be a very nice touch, i hate having to lift my wet suit cuff to check the time. Yes i know i could put my watch outside my wetsuit but i never do and im not sure the strap is long enough to do that. A clock would be very nice indeed.

A clock would be a very nice touch, i hate having to lift my wet suit cuff to check the time. Yes i know i could put my watch outside my wetsuit but i never do and im not sure the strap is long enough to do that. A clock would be very nice indeed.
For those of you that would like to see the time, a question:
Display space is very tight without making fonts smaller, which we don't want to do. Would you give up the temperature display to see the time, as an optional preference? We could also look at alternating the time and temperature in the display...

Ron

Truthfully, I don't care if its got a digital clock. I didn't even notice that it didn't have one! I have a dive watch and it work perfectly well. Besides, I'm underwater blowing bubbles - what do I care about what the time is!

Truthfully, I don't care if its got a digital clock. I didn't even notice that it didn't have one! I have a dive watch and it work perfectly well. Besides, I'm underwater blowing bubbles - what do I care about what the time is!

Its a very valid point, i would still like a clock personally. the temp is equally as important so alternating would be good. i for one only ever use the temperature post dive to enter into the log book for info. If its too cold down there i get out (I dive in UK so it has to be bloody cold for that). I certainly wouldnt want to give up the temp totally. There is a little space between the temp and the max depth though....................

Back
Top Bottom