Atomic Aquatics Split Fins - different colors different bouvancy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tony7781

Contributor
Reaction score
Staten Island, NY - Now you can see why I am tryin
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anyone know if the different colors on the Atomic Aquatics Split Fins provide different bouyancy? I really want to purchase the blue ones but I know from looking at other fins that different colors usually provide positive bouyancy where the full black is usually slightly negative. Is this the case with the Atomic's? I would like a slightly negative or neutral bouyant fin.

I have blue ones size large, with spring straps. In fresh water thay are barely negative - fins up with the spring strap down.

can tell you about salt water in a couple of weeks

I see nothing on the Atomic website, or retail web sites that indicate that the fin color has anything to do with stiffness or buoyancy. If you need to make sure, I'd contact the LDS.

I have a pair of black and smoke on the water. Both are slightly positive with the standard strap, and with springs they are slightly negative.

Feel free to call Atomic with questions. They were very helpful in answering mine over the phone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom