Atomic B2 or Scuba Pro Mk25/600??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its my understanding that the seat saving orifice that has the chance to leak is the same piece that enables the regulator to go 2 years without service. If all I have to do is pressurize my regulators when cleaning them in order to go another year or so many dives without a service than so be it.

And, THAT, is why God gave us 6 CF pony bottles.

My regs go on the bottle and put them in my rinse tank at the house.

My friend, my wife, and myself all have the Scubapro Mk25/S600 and we have found it to be a great reg through the years.

To sum it up, none of us have ever had a problem, no one feels they need to "upgrade", and no one wishes they were using something other than what we own. Based on that I would purchase the Scubapro. However, I'm sure the atomic owners feel the same way about their regulators as we feel about ours. LOL! Happy shopping!

Yeah. My Mk25/S600 is about 10 years old. between 300 and 500 dives. Also have a Mk25/G250V. Flawless. I have 3 SP shops within 15 minutes. Closest is 5 minutes.

The Atomic shops keep changing. Not sure if we have any left. We had Force-E. They stopped doing Atomic in Riviera Beach. Then we had Divers Direct. Last time I was in there, did not see any Atomic.

I'm a fan of SP and AL. They are everywhere.

Thank you for responding to me and appreciate your feedback. Can you tell me why you think the mk/25/s600 is better than the Atomic please. It's difficult to decided because those using scuba pro regs love scuba pro and those using atomic b2's love them. can't find a definitive answer on what specifically makes one better than the other. I do see that "The Atomic Limited Lifetime Warranty is not contingent on proof of annual service" and that Scuba pro has a lifetime warranty but needs to be serviced yearly. That being said I have a local dealer here (both in FL and in SF) that carries scuba pro and another dealer that carries Atomic. And check both brand websites and they both have dealers/distributors worldwide.

With all that said is one of the two better than the other in regards to breathability, reliability, quality and anything else I might be missing. Sorry I'm very new to this and this will be my first regulator.

Thanks so much,

Ron

The SP setup breaths a lot easier, especially 100ft and deeper. The swivel connection on the B2 has little benefit and adds weight to a very light second. The SP can be serviced anywhere; the B2 have 2 year service interval which is great. I prefer the routing/setup options on the MK25. I’m not a fan of titanium. The Atomic 2nd-stage has a special 'seat-saving' feature, which effectively does what it's designed to do.... but as mentioned you can not soak the reg without pressurising the system as water will flow back into the first stage.

Other than that, they are as good as most of the other products on the market.

The SP setup breaths a lot easier, especially 100ft and deeper...... I prefer the routing/setup options on the MK25.

Properly adjusted, any diver would be hard pressed to tell any difference in ease of breathing between these two regs at any depth. Hose routing options are basically the same as well; they are both turret regs with a port on the end if wanted and two HP ports.

So please take the quoted comments with a large grain of salt.

I routinely soak my regs for longer than 1/2 hour. They look a lot better at rebuild time than regs I see that are not soaked for lengthy times in warm clean water.

Why do they need to be soaked in lengthly time? It doesn't take long for salt to dissolve in water. Hell, if you swish the reg around a bit, it would dissolve the salt even faster.

Properly adjusted, any diver would be hard pressed to tell any difference in ease of breathing between these two regs at any depth. Hose routing options are basically the same as well; they are both turret regs with a port on the end if wanted and two HP ports.

So please take the quoted comments with a large grain of salt.

Maybe you should try taking them deeper than 100ft before commenting on how they breath. Just because they both have 2 HP ports and a turret it does not mean that they route hoses the exactly same way.

Maybe you should try taking them deeper than 100ft before commenting on how they breath. Just because they both have 2 HP ports and a turret it does not mean that they route hoses the exactly same way.

I've taken my Atomics (B1 upgraded to M1 standard and T2) to 170 ft. and I'll bet either one would kick your SP's butt ! .....just sayin' :)

Last edited:
Yeah. My Mk25/S600 is about 10 years old. between 300 and 500 dives. Also have a Mk25/G250V. Flawless. I have 3 SP shops within 15 minutes. Closest is 5 minutes.

The Atomic shops keep changing. Not sure if we have any left. We had Force-E. They stopped doing Atomic in Riviera Beach. Then we had Divers Direct. Last time I was in there, did not see any Atomic.

I'm a fan of SP and AL. They are everywhere.

Scuba Works and Pura Vita Divers are both Atomic dealers. Scuba Works has a very reputable service tech in house...

I've taken my T2 below 100 feet a number of times, and my wife's taken her Z2 that deep a couple of times. No issues. Atomics are well-regarded as excellent breathers even at depth.

It's been a while since I've had the pleasure of personally visiting a Divers Direct, but if you go to their website and search "Atomic," you'll see the full range of Atomic gear, including the just released Cobalt computer.

Back
Top Bottom