Atomic B2 or Scuba Pro Mk25/600??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've taken my T2 below 100 feet a number of times, and my wife's taken her Z2 that deep a couple of times. No issues. Atomics are well-regarded as excellent breathers even at depth. QUOTE]

I've taken my Atomics (B1 upgraded to M1 standard and T2) to 170 ft. and I'll bet either one would kick your SP's butt ! .....just sayin' :)

If you have not dived both to depth, please don't comment...... Just saying :) I provided my opinion to this post, nothing more. This is not a contest, but since you believe they will kick the MK25/S600, please provide some data. The SP data is widely published and on the internet. I will wait .....

I have not dove either regs but I will weigh in anyway. The two friends I dive with who have the SP swear by them and have never had any issues. I also have a buddy who has a B2 of which he loves like his only child. Out here in Hawaii it seems like there are many more SP dealers than Atomic. Not sure if it is like this everywhere but I would venture to guess it is. I thought I have read on the boards here that the B2 has suffered from some humming issues. It might be worth looking into. Like all these guys who have actually dove these regs has said, you will probably be happy with either one. Regardless of what the posters here recommend, I would talk to the rep of whichever reg you buy at your LDS for care of your regulators. Happy diving!!!

I have owned and used Atomic T2, B2 and SP MK25/S600. It would be difficult to tell the difference in performance between any of them. I think that the Atomics (subjective opinion) perform better but I don't have anything in back and white to substantiate my opinion. I have taken the T2 and the SP to 200ft.

I do like the Atomics better since they require less service and I am able to go for 3- 4 years without an O/H. My Atomics are sealed FS. This is important for me since there are NO repair centers where I am living now (Libya) and reliability is very important in this context.

If I had to buy new regulators for a diving family member, I would buy them an Atomic regulator. If you already owned or about to buy the MK25/S600, no issues and you won't go wrong unless you have the same circumstance as I do in terms of service availability.

The Atomic regulators are pretty much straight forward to service from a technician point of view more so than the SP but not by much.

Wanted to let you all know what I went with. I got the Atomic B2 and have had over 150 dives with it. I like it and have had no problems with it.

"I thought I have read on the boards here that the B2 has suffered from some humming issues. It might be worth looking into."

So I am making the same decision that RonP was making back in 2010. I was talking to an Atomic dealer, and mentioned the 2nd stage floating seat. I told him that I read on ScubaBoard that with the floating seat you couldn't just rinse the regulator. He stated that you really should pressurize all regs when rinsing. But then in discussing the Atomic reg, he said that when people forget to pressurize while rinsing, they end up at the shop because the regs start "hissing" at them. I want the easiest to operate reg without thought. In particular, I think I would like a reg where I can drop it into a rinse bin without worrying about the water seeping into the first stage. It's making me lean the way of the SP.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom