Atomic B2 or Z2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolutely +1! Best thing to come out of this thread IMHO.

All the best, James

I'm not even an Atomic owner, and I appreciate all the info (and the trouble you went to James in demonstrating how to convert the 2nd stage to a non-swivel) in this thread.

Thanks for the good info guys!

Best wishes.

My LDS offers a one on one course on how to service your regs. It doesn't cost much money and one of these days I'm going to get around to doing it. You bring in your reg and service it yourself under the watchful eye and assistance of the tech guy.

It might even be an SSI sanctioned course, but I'm not sure about that. In any case, it sounds fun and interesting. My T2's up for service this fall, so I'm thinking I'll do the course then.

… As far as baggage fees, I keep my reg in my carryon bag so there's no checked luggage weight savings to be had. Regardless, I'm happy to concede that for most folks the cost of titanium outweighs the benefits of strength to weight ratio and corrosion resistance. I'm just into exotic materials, probably a carryover from my bicycle racing days, and am quite happy with my setup.

Cost justification is one thing; objects of desire are another. There is no justification necessary beyond enjoying it and being able to afford it. I personally get far more pleasure from admiring finely crafted items in stainless steel or Titanium than gold jewlery. If I could only explain that to my bride…

My LDS offers a one on one course on how to service your regs. It doesn't cost much money and one of these days I'm going to get around to doing it. You bring in your reg and service it yourself under the watchful eye and assistance of the tech guy.

It might even be an SSI sanctioned course, but I'm not sure about that. In any case, it sounds fun and interesting. My T2's up for service this fall, so I'm thinking I'll do the course then.

If one of the shops that sells atomic regs near me had that class I would go to it.... not that I particularly want to service my reg but it would be a great knowing how to.

I just switched over my miflex hose from my old reg to the new one. Weighed the reg and in comes in at 4.6 lbs including my gauges, computer and oct. That's more about 2 lbs less than my other setup... SWEET! :wink:

You guys are too much. :rofl3:

orenbvip: The answer, in case you didn't get the fun they're having with you, is yes.

No issues.

But don't forget to file in triplicate. :D

Oops, wait. You mean the same hose as in the second stage hose? Then Adam's right and my answer above is wrong. Sorry 'bout that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom