Atomic is the best by far!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did any one notice that Pikes posted back in July and never posted again?

I'm sure that for may of you the Atomic regulator is a fine regulator for moral at best, but still to this day the Poseidon line takes the lead for deep diving, the deeper you go the better they breath.

Amobeus

Has anyone tried the new M1 series by Atomic?

My local shop has recently brought them into the shop and they are raving about them but I'm hesitant to leave my S600/Jetstream combo.

as mentioned earlier, I think he's trolling

cyklon_300:
insightful review...I just put both my Apeks in a box and placed it at the curb with a sign that says 'free'...heading to the LDS to pay full retail for an Atomics...gotta have one NOW.

Rather than throwing them away, please send them to me. I will take them over to the Smithsonian for inclusion in the Pre-Atomic Era Display.

Mike

Dive Mistress - personally, I think the only reason your shop is pitching them over ScubaPro is because DiveTech in Brockville is now the ScubaPro distributor across Canada. I think Dan's felt slighted or something. :)

I know that there is a lot of controversy over the distribution of products in any industry.

I really want some unbiased feedback on how these regs perform in recreational and technical diving.

Ah my 2 good friends in one thread. Boogie my newest, and Divemistress2, my "old grope". tehehhe :)

The shop I'm sure is pushing them over S/Pro because of pricing/margin I'm sure of it. That's fine, it's a business. My problem is with the exaggerations and fabrications of why "Atomics (today) is the best".

I personally wouldn't be wasting that much money. I also wouldn't be spending a cent on "upgrades" from a S/Pro to and Atomics. Why? Unless I had buckets of cash, the regs that I own will not be replaced until they need to be, not because "there's something different out" this year. For pete's sake it's $1000.00!!!!!!

Unbiased feed back? Atomics is so much like S/Pro (same guys) you would be wasting your bucks. You's be suprised how much like the G250's the M1 2nds are.

Save you bucks for the house DM2 :)

Well well well,

I had no idea gropers were allowed on here?

I know that I can't validate upgrading to the new Atomic's price wise but other than at the shop.

Other than being the latest toy, I haven't heard anything about them. I just wanted to see if there was any merrit to what they are saying.

I love my S600 too much to unload it yet, but I do need another set of regs so that I don't have to keep re-rigging them for DIN vs. Yoke. I may just be forced to unload my single tank and only dive my doubles instead of spending more money.

Having a house makes you broke.

Or just do what I did and get DIN valves for singles. Or DIN/K valves if it was going to be an issue with your yoke-diving friends. Unless it's an ultra hp tank, you should be fine - 232 Bar DIN/K valve = 3400 psi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom