Atomic is the best by far!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pikes1000

New
Reaction score
I went diving this weekend on 3 seperate dives all 100 ft or less.I also tried the regulators in the pool. I tried out 3 regulators, atx200,atomic b1, and legend lx. Orginally I was favoring the legend and the apex but after putting them through numerous test the atomic b1 won hands down! The atx200 and the legend lx breathed a little bit wet upside down and and swimming head down. The atomic was bone dry in every position and I could not get it to breath wet. Also I can see why the legend lx breaths so well on WOB test because it is a postive breathing reg. It gives you too much air very unnatural in many positions while heads up,it is harder to breath. atx200 was similar but not as bad. THe atomic breathed the same, smooth in any position and was the first reg I have used that breathed super easy on your back looking up at the surface. It felt like I was on the surface breathing, in every position it was very easy but most importantly smooth! No adjustments to be made to control it like the other 2. You had to detune the regs in heads down position put had to increase the performance if were on your back or were looking up toward the surface.
I know most people on the board are apex and legend fans but if they have tried atomic they would be crazy to think that the think the legend or the atx200 is better. It is not even close! Unless you like breathing in a unnatural manor or like to breath air that is forced in your mouth or you just like to play your adjustments.

I wrote this because I use to be negative about atomic against the others but after this weekend, I am a huge atomic fan and will be buying the new b2.

Ahhh haaaa.... TROLL

The Atomics are indeed pretty sweet... but if you think any of these three is better than the other... well then... you just don't know.

It's all personal prefrence. I've dove all three, my favorite is the Aqua Lung but I wouldn't say it's "better" than an ATX and it's definately not lesser than an Atomic (ESPCIALLY A B1)

Anyhow... great first post there guy

Well, you really have to try one to know the difference! :)

Anyway, what works for you is the best...no matter what make. The above mentioned regs are high performers....just comes down to one's preference.

insightful review...I just put both my Apeks in a box and placed it at the curb with a sign that says 'free'...heading to the LDS to pay full retail for an Atomics...gotta have one NOW.

cyklon_300:
insightful review...I just put both my Apeks in a box and placed it at the curb with a sign that says 'free'...heading to the LDS to pay full retail for an Atomics...gotta have one NOW.

I think there's gonna be a run on them. Better get there right away before they run out....

To each his own. I think all that matters is that you're happy with whatever reg you purchase.

Personally, I like my ATX200 best, but my son likes his Legend LX better than my Apeks, my wife dives an ATX50 and is happy with that and my daughter could care less what reg is in her mouth so long as it moves air. One family, four different regs and four different opinions :wink:

cyklon_300:

hey you interested in selling those apex regs?

B.D.B.

I dive an atomic. Yes they are great regs, but to say they are better than anything else...well, let me just tell you to keep an open mind :wink:

Enjoy your new regs!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom