Atomic is the best by far!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since you should be able to get 2 Apeks for the price of 1 Atomics M1, I'd wait :)

Besides, Apeks are better cold water regs. Go in and tell Matt you want an Apeks and watch the ranting start!!!!

hehehheh

Don't tell anyone here about our groping (OK my groping), they think I'm an angel. Besides I'm married and then some would get the wrong idea :)

Yeah, unload the single tank and do only doubles. I never want to go back. I was bummed about re-rigging for singles in Mexico.

By the way gents, DM2 is a hardcore female tech diver........Ooooooh turns me on. :) She kicks my pansie butt.

Instead I think the best idea is to band up my PST80 with another one and put on a diverite manifold.

That should solve it all & then I'll have a set of 80's & 95's. More like my shore diving & boat diving doubles.

Ya see what I mean guys!!!

What "chick" has 2 sets of doubles!!! (Almost).

Sweet.

So whens the next "Double-Bull" tournament DM2? I have a score to settle. I had a heck of a good time! I need to get out more :) Just leave your boyfriend home next time......tehehehehe

Hey, DS - you should talk to "Chickdiver" sometime. Here's her inventory (gratuitously stolen from a post of hers on TDS...)

Bottles:

3x double 104's, Halcyon manifolds and Highland Millworks bands/bolts
1x double 80's, Halcyon manifold, Highland Millworks bands/ bolts
2x 80cuft, 300' stage bottles
2x 80cuft, 190' stage bottles
4x 80cuft, 120' stage bottles
1x 80cuft, 70' stage bottle
1x 72cuft O2 bottle
2x 40cuft, 70' bottles
2x 40cuft, O2 bottles
1x 14 cuft Argon bottle
1x 6cuft Argon bottle

Exposure Protection:
2x custom TLS 350 Drysuits
2x 400G Type B Thinsulate undergarments
1x 200G Type B Thinsulate undergarment (salt water use)
custom Wetwear hood
wool socks

Gear:
1x AUL aluminum backplate and harness
1x Halcyon SS bakcplate and harness with MC pack
4x Halcyon Scout backup lights
2x Cold Steel Tanto blade SS knives
4x Delrin jump spools
2x Delrin safety spools
1x Halcyon Primary Spool
1x Halcyon 800" Exploration Spool
1x EMT shears
1x Halcyon 55lb wing
1x Dive Rite Classic 55lb wing
1x Halcyon 27lb wing
SCUBAPRO Frameless mask
SCUBAPRO Jet Fins w/ spring straps

Lights:
Helios 9 battery pack
Pro 14 battery pack
18W HID head
10W HID head
50W Halogen head

Regulators:
APEKS DS4 1st/ Scubapro R380 2nd (right post Backgas)
APEKS DS4 1st/ Scubapro G250 2nd (left post backgas)
4x Apeks DS4 (swivel)/ TX 50 stage regs
5x SCUBAPRO MK15/ G250 stage regs
4x SCUBAPRO MK20/ G250 stage regs
1x APEKS DS4/ TX50 O2 reg
1x Scubapro Mk2 argon reg
combination Uwatec Master and SCUBAPRO Mini brass/glass guages

DPV:
2x 33AH Gavin Scooters
1x short tube for Gavin scooter

Other:
Miscellaneous snaps, double enders, chargers and a boat load of boxes, bags, crates, etc.
Suunto Vyper
Uwatec digital bottom timer
3x lift bags
assorted other junk

And I wonder why I cant park in my garage?????????

Uhmmm, I think I'd better NOT say.....this is supposedly a family board........

Holy Crap...........did you get her phone number with that list? (really, i just wanna look at her.........stuff)

So is flowers or another reg set her preffered gift? I can treat a woman nice, just ask DM2.

heheheh

OK the "boss" is calling, I gotta go and change some diapers (Welcome to my world).

DS

P.S. No diapers really, that was years ago, now it's just homework. Listening to an 8 year old trip through a Dr Suess book..............crap I'm dying...........

heheh

And I thought that after spending $30,000+ on gear for myself that my own inventory was pretty impressive. That was a wake up call.

DeepScuba, I think the next tournament will be in a few months. I plan on setting up two dart boards in my basement. We just have to wait until I'm finished the rennovations.

Until then, if you think you're up to the challenge, I'll gladly kick your....

I'm in!!!

Spank me whenever or where-ever you want!!!!

I've PM'd you my phone number, address and..........wait, you already know it!

heheheh

I'm getting a new set for my newly rennovated downstairs as well. The games room will boast the dart board, full-size air hockey, chess board (for the quiet introverts like me), and the room next door will have the Widescreen and surround-sound. I'd invite you guys over, but I'm afraid you'd trash it!

You know how anal I am about my "stuff". If anyone knicked a door jamb or wall, I'd have to throw everyone out and get the whole room re-done!

Yeah, we'll have it at your house :)

pikes1000:
I went diving this weekend on 3 seperate dives all 100 ft or less.I also tried the regulators in the pool. I tried out 3 regulators, atx200,atomic b1, and legend lx. Orginally I was favoring the legend and the apex but after putting them through numerous test the atomic b1 won hands down! The atx200 and the legend lx breathed a little bit wet upside down and and swimming head down. The atomic was bone dry in every position and I could not get it to breath wet. Also I can see why the legend lx breaths so well on WOB test because it is a postive breathing reg. It gives you too much air very unnatural in many positions while heads up,it is harder to breath. atx200 was similar but not as bad. THe atomic breathed the same, smooth in any position and was the first reg I have used that breathed super easy on your back looking up at the surface. It felt like I was on the surface breathing, in every position it was very easy but most importantly smooth! No adjustments to be made to control it like the other 2. You had to detune the regs in heads down position put had to increase the performance if were on your back or were looking up toward the surface.
I know most people on the board are apex and legend fans but if they have tried atomic they would be crazy to think that the think the legend or the atx200 is better. It is not even close! Unless you like breathing in a unnatural manor or like to breath air that is forced in your mouth or you just like to play your adjustments.

I wrote this because I use to be negative about atomic against the others but after this weekend, I am a huge atomic fan and will be buying the new b2.

I have a yellow Atomic Z 2nd stage for sale. Its worth $400, I got it for $200 new from the store during a fire sale, and I would be willing to sell it for $100.

Then with my $100 I would go out and buy for myself the truly ultimate best, the ScubaPro S600.

PM me if you are interested in buying it. Might save you some cash. It is a great reg. But you are nuttz if you think its better than ScubaPro.

Uh Oh, "truly ultimate best......S600".

Uhmmmmm,..... naw fugetaboutit.

Boogie711:
Hey, DS - you should talk to "Chickdiver" sometime. Here's her inventory (gratuitously stolen from a post of hers on TDS...)

Bottles:

3x double 104's, Halcyon manifolds and Highland Millworks bands/bolts
1x double 80's, Halcyon manifold, Highland Millworks bands/ bolts
2x 80cuft, 300' stage bottles
2x 80cuft, 190' stage bottles
4x 80cuft, 120' stage bottles
1x 80cuft, 70' stage bottle
1x 72cuft O2 bottle
2x 40cuft, 70' bottles
2x 40cuft, O2 bottles
1x 14 cuft Argon bottle
1x 6cuft Argon bottle

Exposure Protection:
2x custom TLS 350 Drysuits
2x 400G Type B Thinsulate undergarments
1x 200G Type B Thinsulate undergarment (salt water use)
custom Wetwear hood
wool socks

Gear:
1x AUL aluminum backplate and harness
1x Halcyon SS bakcplate and harness with MC pack
4x Halcyon Scout backup lights
2x Cold Steel Tanto blade SS knives
4x Delrin jump spools
2x Delrin safety spools
1x Halcyon Primary Spool
1x Halcyon 800" Exploration Spool
1x EMT shears
1x Halcyon 55lb wing
1x Dive Rite Classic 55lb wing
1x Halcyon 27lb wing
SCUBAPRO Frameless mask
SCUBAPRO Jet Fins w/ spring straps

Lights:
Helios 9 battery pack
Pro 14 battery pack
18W HID head
10W HID head
50W Halogen head

Regulators:
APEKS DS4 1st/ Scubapro R380 2nd (right post Backgas)
APEKS DS4 1st/ Scubapro G250 2nd (left post backgas)
4x Apeks DS4 (swivel)/ TX 50 stage regs
5x SCUBAPRO MK15/ G250 stage regs
4x SCUBAPRO MK20/ G250 stage regs
1x APEKS DS4/ TX50 O2 reg
1x Scubapro Mk2 argon reg
combination Uwatec Master and SCUBAPRO Mini brass/glass guages

DPV:
2x 33AH Gavin Scooters
1x short tube for Gavin scooter

Other:
Miscellaneous snaps, double enders, chargers and a boat load of boxes, bags, crates, etc.
Suunto Vyper
Uwatec digital bottom timer
3x lift bags
assorted other junk

And I wonder why I cant park in my garage?????????

Gotta love a girl like that!! Woo Hoo Chickdiver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom