Atomic M1 or Z3, or Apeks XTX200 or XTX50? Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to all for your input! I went with the Apeks XTX50.

The Atomics looked nice, and I'm sure they are, but since I have plans for some cold water wreck diving, I wanted something made for cold water from the start (sealed diaphragm). I also couldn't find enough differences between 1st stages on the Apeks models to justify the price difference, and I've heard from many sources that non-BM hose routing is easier with the XTX50 (which probably will be in my future considering the direction I'm going in). Apeks also seem to be easier to service internationally as well. I'm taking a quick jaunt to the Bahamas in a few weeks, and can't WAIT to finally dive with my own regulator!

I've heard from many sources that non-BM hose routing is easier with the XTX50 (which probably will be in my future considering the direction I'm going in).

Apeks XTX50 is great, indeed. If you plan to dive sidemount, the DST 1st stage with turret and 5th port is advisable.

has to be cleaned with a pressurized tank because of the seat saving orifice.

Or just keep the 1st stage above the second stage while you're rinsing/soaking it.

I hope you are going to go ahead and get it in DIN, as that is what you will be using for any non-recreational diving (doubles, sidemount, stages, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom