Atomic reg performance (vs other Atomic)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking at this chart here:

Atomic Aquatics Regulator Systems Comparison Chart

It says that for the Z2 a swivel on the first stage is optional. However I haven't seen anything about it when looking at them on websites to purchase.

Anyone know what that means exactly? I don't think it will matter in my decision in my purchase but I was just wondering about it. I'd think it would be a nice to have if it's not a huge extra cost.

I means you can get the same hose w/swivel that is on the Z3 and put it on the Z2 - thus, making it into a Z3.

I means you can get the same hose w/swivel that is on the Z3 and put it on the Z2 - thus, making it into a Z3.
I thought what you are referring to would be under the second stage, since it has no checkmark for the swivel on second stage. I am talking about the first stage chart. You think that is all it's referring to though?

"LP swivel" is a rotating turret in the first stage while "Comfort swivel hose" is that grossly expensive swivel in the second stage LP hose connection to the second stage. The website lists the "LP swivel" or first stage rotating turret as an option for the Z3 & Z2 but in reality it isn't available to buy. I enquired with Atomic Europe and Atomic US about buying a Z2 with rotating turrets in the first stage but I was informed that they don't have it.

Expect the titanium and 2nd stage swivel. Not that they make much of real world difference, but still count toward cost tho.

I do agree that z2 is the one I will get at retail cost.

"LP swivel" is a rotating turret in the first stage while "Comfort swivel hose" is that grossly expensive swivel in the second stage LP hose connection to the second stage. The website lists the "LP swivel" or first stage rotating turret as an option for the Z3 & Z2 but in reality it isn't available to buy. I enquired with Atomic Europe and Atomic US about buying a Z2 with rotating turrets in the first stage but I was informed that they don't have it.

My bad. What he said.

Except, you can order a 5 port turret assembly. I believe an Atomic tech could use that to convert a Z2 or Z3 1st stage to a swivel turret.

Looking at this chart here:

Atomic Aquatics Regulator Systems Comparison Chart

It says that for the Z2 a swivel on the first stage is optional. However I haven't seen anything about it when looking at them on websites to purchase.

Anyone know what that means exactly? I don't think it will matter in my decision in my purchase but I was just wondering about it. I'd think it would be a nice to have if it's not a huge extra cost.
So I went through this with my LDS, as I was trying to order a Z2 with the swivel first stage. What they basically do is sell you a B2 first stage with a Z2 second/hose. It became quite expensive to do so.

My bad. What he said.

Except, you can order a 5 port turret assembly. I believe an Atomic tech could use that to convert a Z2 or Z3 1st stage to a swivel turret.

Yes, you can but it becomes expensive and you will be better off buying a B2 or M1 from the beginning. If you are buying new and you want a rotating turret, then buy a B2 or M1. If you bought a Z2 at some in the past and later found out that you needed a rotating turret, then a turret change maybe better than having to go out and buy a second regulator.

Yes, you can but it becomes expensive and you will be better off buying a B2 or M1 from the beginning. If you are buying new and you want a rotating turret, then buy a B2 or M1. If you bought a Z2 at some in the past and later found out that you needed a rotating turret, then a turret change maybe better than having to go out and buy a second regulator.

B2 and M1 are both $700-something. The Z2 is $440. You should be able to get the part and labor for $100-150....

Is Atomic suitable for tech diving (just for future proofing)? it doesn't seem like any of the tech divers I know use atomic (mostly apeks, dive rite, etc.) I assume T3 is not suitable for tech because titanium is not good with high % O2?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom