Attaching DC dry gloves to a Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4sak3n

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been donated a pair of Diving Concepts dry gloves and rings (http://www.divingconcepts.com/link1.htm) and have been struggling to install them in my Fusion.

I have tried about three times and each time I either didn't have enough of the glove side ring sticking out to seal on the glove or the velcro hook on my inner drycore bladder got folded under the ring so I couldn't attach my skin or I just plain couldn't fit the ring through the arm opening. I did manage ONCE to get it right I believe (because I stupidly didn't think to test it out) but it certainly wasn't neat and I immediately removed the ring because I was diving soon after and didn't want to dive with new gloves just then.

Anyway ... what I would like to know is if anyone with a Fusion has managed to install these rings and gloves and, if you have, do you have any tips for installation for me?

Many thanks.

I've done it twice. And it's not easy...but in my opinion, it's worth it. I've tried one other dry glove system (old SiTechs) and I like the DCs a lot better. I'd say installation takes 2 people roughly 1+ hours to get both sides on. Since you've already tried and seemed to have success, I'll assume you know that the rings BARELY fit through the wrists...but it does fit. Here's my best attempt at describing what to do.

– Slide the rings through the drysuit wrists. My husband and I figured out that the best way to do it is to slip it through horizontally (so it's rotated 90 degrees from the proper direction).

– Get it completely inside the seal first, then try to shimmy it in place (rotating it 90 degrees, making sure, obviously that you have the right side of the ring facing out...and that you have it far enough out so that the second o-ring will fit on the seal). This part does take some time...and you really have to force/hold it in place. While one person holds the ring in place inside the seal, the other person will slip the o-ring on.

– Next, flip the ring/sleeve inside out. There really wasn't a method to this...we basically forced it through as much as possible. Sometimes it seemed like we were ripping the seal off. When we got to the point where we could see the rim of the plastic glove ring, we then folded all of the material (glove, seal, etc.) over the ring. I think what we did next was pull the extra suit flap (that usually sits over the wrist seal) out...and you should be able to see some of the velcro. I then used a tweezer to carefully pull all of the velcro out.

– Lastly, I take that extra bit of fabric the Fusion has on its wrist seals and fold it over the exposed o-ring for protection.

For one wrist, it took two attempts to get the last step done. Yeah, it's kind of a pain. Both my husband and I had sore fingertips after all of it was over. But now my Diving Concepts dry gloves are on...and my hands are dry. :D

Thank you Jenth for both the confirmation that it is possible and the hints and tips. Your effort is most appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom