ATTENTION: Gilboa update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit

Floppy Ear Mod
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband called today and Mike said the ice is melting fast. He said there's a CHANCE he'll be able to open the quarry by Saturday! We'll have to call back Fri. night or Sat. morning to find out if the ice melted completely, if it has and Mike is able to open the quarry Bruce and I are GOING! Hope to see some of you up there, keep your fingers crossed! WOOOHOOO!
Ber :bunny:

Ber Rabbit once bubbled...
My husband called today and Mike said the ice is melting fast. He said there's a CHANCE he'll be able to open the quarry by Saturday! We'll have to call back Fri. night or Sat. morning to find out if the ice melted completely, if it has and Mike is able to open the quarry Bruce and I are GOING! Hope to see some of you up there, keep your fingers crossed! WOOOHOOO!

Mike called me today and said that large parts of the quarry are open water, but there is some ice around the edges that is about 2" thick yet. With the weather we're having, it should be all open by the weekend.

A buddy and I are going Saturday AM regardless.

I could come but I am on the injured reserve right now....It will be a couple of weeks before I can get wet again.

Have a great trip. :D

Chad

should help speed along the process of de-icing. Hope all goes well this weekend for you guys...I'll be relaxin watching some tournament action this weekend.

Bruce called and Mike told him the quarry is 25% open water with ice over the rest of it. Mike you MIGHT be able to bust through the ice in an emergency. We're going to have to skip this weekend if the whole quarry doesn't open up :( I have enough trouble with my dry suit without risking getting stuck under ice with a single AL80.

Guess we'll see you guys next time around. Boy am I BUMMED!
;-0

Bruce called and Mike told him the quarry is 25% open water with ice over the rest of it.

Interesting... sounds like conflicting info is being given out... wonder why he left me the message he did? I think what we need is a permanent web cam mounted on top the tower so that we can all draw our own conclusions.:D

I'll be diving anyway... sounds like good practice running line in an overhead with drygloves on....

cwb once bubbled...

Interesting... sounds like conflicting info is being given out... wonder why he left me the message he did? I think what we need is a permanent web cam mounted on top the tower so that we can all draw our own conclusions.:D

I'll be diving anyway... sounds like good practice running line in an overhead with drygloves on....

Get all practiced up we'll be heading to Missouri in a couple weeks. Reels and gloves go better together than some would have you believe. This weekend is tempting but I haven't even unpacked from Florida last weekend. I think I need a weekend off.

BTW JB and Vortex (pas the grate) was a blast.

I LIKE that idea! My guess is the information he gave us is different because he doesn't know us.

I haven't mastered the dry suit well enough to even THINK about getting in an overhead environment with it. I still don't even like getting in the water with it (stupid suit).

We'll catch you guys next time around.

I LIKE that idea! My guess is the information he gave us is different because he doesn't know us.

I haven't mastered the dry suit well enough to even THINK about getting in an overhead environment with it. I still don't even like getting in the water with it (stupid suit).

We'll catch you guys next time around.

Ber, isn't it time you made freinds with that dry suit? Maybe you should spend some quality time together doing something you both like to do.

Back
Top Bottom