ATTENTION: Gilboa update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CWB
".. (Ask Scooter... every piece of equipment I own is "his"....)"

That's funny.:) What time are you planning on being there? I have a leak to fix in my dry gloves( Scooter gave me an idea on how to fix it) but I should be there regardless.

Best Regards
Don

Don, If I recall correctly the first day I met you, I told you learning how to dive doubles was easier than learning to dive dry.

Sounds like your getting the hang of it.

Bob, Be carefull who you loan your dive gear too.

You just never know who may keep your rock boots for say, 8 months or so.

Dave

Big O,
Good to hear from you again. I was wondering how you were doing, thinking about you yesterday as a matter of fact.
Will you be joinging us anytime soon?

"You just never know who may keep your rock boots for say, 8 months or so."
Anyone I know?:D

Best Regards
Don

Hubby has been diving for over 20 years and he says he's never been diving on a partially iced lake and has no intention of starting now so we did a little work on the dive locker at school instead.

Mike F.
I know, the suit and I need to settle our differences. Things were good when I took the class and started diving with it but they've gotten progressively worse. I think I need someone to see if my dump valve is operating properly. My sleeve is completely full of air at the safety stop but nothing comes out until I'm 2 feet from the surface, then it blows like crazy.

Ber Rabbit once bubbled...
I think I need someone to see if my dump valve is operating properly. My sleeve is completely full of air at the safety stop but nothing comes out until I'm 2 feet from the surface, then it blows like crazy.

Ber,
What dump valve do you have and where is it located?

I had LOTS of issues with mine. I tried and tried to learn how to dive it - sometimes ok, sometimes couldn't get the air out no matter what I did. Valve was in a weird place relative to how my suit falls on my arm. Air would either get trapped where the zipper goes over my left shoulder, or in the elbow, or in the upper arm. I was having to flex my arm and flap it like a chicken wing. What a scene! Some kept telling me I just needed to predict sooner when to start dumping. I was trying that but to no avail. Air built up where I couldn't sense it and once I got above 15 ft I couldn't control my ascent to my liking.

I finally sent it back to DUI to have it moved from "upper arm" to "lower arm". I had them put in a plug in the original location in case I ever want/need to move it back there.

Took it out for a test drive this past weekend, pumped it up at depth a bit more than I would have previously, and it's DRAMATICALLY better! I was able to hit and hold at any depth all the way to the surface. I intentionally stopped at 1ft increments above 10 ft just to see if I was actually in control.

We may still do a little work on the springs to make it dump faster but that may no longer be necessary.

Ber Rabbit once bubbled...

I know, the suit and I need to settle our differences. Things were good when I took the class and started diving with it but they've gotten progressively worse. I think I need someone to see if my dump valve is operating properly. My sleeve is completely full of air at the safety stop but nothing comes out until I'm 2 feet from the surface, then it blows like crazy.

I am beginning to wonder if you and the suit are ever going to be able to coincide. I think big G has issues with hers too, o.k, I don't think, I know, I've heard the ranting. Maybe you 2 need to spend a weekend alone with the suit and someone who is an 'expert' with the viking suits.

BTW...what'd you guys do with the locker this weekend...hubby had mentioned getting the bench sand blasted and painted...that sure would look a lot nicer than the rusty crap on it now. Both classes a pretty full next quarter, and the advaced class has at least 6 students signed up...should be a fairly busy quarter.

Mine ends up on my bicep, almost between my arm and my body. I was comparing it to my husband's suit (also a Viking Xtreme) and noticed the following:
When I place the base of my thumb on his back zipper when it's open the tip of my thumb touches his dump valve. To touch the tip of my thumb to my dump valve I have to have my little finger on the zipper and stretch my hand as wide as I can. I'm thinking it's time to find a dealer to look at it.

My whole left arm fills up with air, I look like the Michelin man. My buddy has tried squeezing the sleeve and literally twisting my arm with no luck (dumping the suit). I know the valve is open because when I get 2 feet from the surface it dumps just fine on its own. CkHarlan said it looks like I'm in a wrestling match while I'm trying to dump the thing, I always end up on my back thrashing around to stay down while I try to dump the thing.

Big T mentioned our friend had the same problem although I've only seen/heard her have it once.

Hey T, we'll get the bench back tonight. This weekend we replaced all of the bc hangers, hopefully these won't bend as quickly.
Ber :bunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom