Aug 29, night dive: videos of 3 different octopi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The spot I was checking out was approx 4754 address on the map. Where the anchor is has some sketchy footing to get to the water. 5 octos :D what was the max depth at the anchor area?

Getting down to the water was no problem, quite smooth actually. We maxed out at 60' but I am told that it will slope down deeper.

Mike and others, post up when you may dive on sunday. I'll see if I can make it.

I can't on Sunday. Tomorrow, Eric and I are taking Laudhi on his first dive since he blew out his knee. In order to go easy on the knee, we're doing Furry Creek, since the Caulfield entry/exit can be a bit demanding on an injury. If anybody wants to join in, we're going to meet at Ocean Quest at around 2pm. You could also meet us at Furry Creek at around 2:30 or 3pm we're going to be in Eric's green Windstar van.

Mike, I told Eric about your intentions to go on Sunday to Caulfield. If it's ok with you I'll give him your phone number to coordinate time. Though you probably don't need a guide by now. I'll leave it up to you guys.

Caufield is an interesting site. Spent 85 minutes exploring the area during the day. It is a multi reef site that vary in depths. Lots of octos there if you want to see any. Saw a 6 footer out in the open sleeping, very nice.

Lots of old bottles there.

Know which was is shore and well, go have fun exploring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom