AUG 31 Drift Dive with DD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
LED's
I have every intention of doing the drift dive with DD on Wenesday evening, August 31st. Everyone welcome, arrangements via the shop.
If there is a large turn out, we should probably ante up for some chow as it wouldn't be fair to ask the shop to fund and sponsor our get together. Maybe just a few $$ for some extra dogs and perhaps a burger? Am I the only person who really doesn't like hot dags that much?
Anyway, If you are going, post here. We could meet a little early or stay a little later depending on the majorities schedule. I'm trying...

Ken

OK, I'm in!! Just remember, I'm coming from Rochester so I'll have to let Darryl know so they wait for me!! I'll give him a call soon and see what happens.
Heather.

ps-Thanks Ken for starting this thread!

Unfortunately, that is the night before my work refresher, so I know I'll be working late. I can do just about any dive on weekends, but right now weeknights are kinda sketchy.

And no Ken, you're not the only one. Hot dogs are disgusting IMHO.

Heather,
If your going to be a little late I can wait for you. If anyother LED's are going we could go as a group. I'll keep my eye out to see what time it starts getting dark and we can plan accordingly.

See, this group does work.

Ken

They met at 6pm. I just called and signed up. He didn't tell me which end, but I think if the left end? Same place as the treasure hunt.

Ken, I should be able to make it there b4 6pm. I get out of work at 4:30 but I may leave earlier.

Heather.

Good thing you guys didn't find this on your drift dive yesterday:

Aug 25, 2005 - Buffalo Police have made another disturbing discovery along the Black Rock Canal.

According to officials, two men found another bag containing human remains in the river Wednesday afternoon, similar to the bag that was found on Tuesday. The Buffalo Police Underwater Recovery Team was out all Wednesday night, searching for anything that would help in the investigation. They say they're looking into missing persons cases, but have no idea yet as to the identity of the remains.

“The items were found about a quarter mile up river from where we found similar items yesterday,” said Det. Sgt. Daniel Rinaldo, Buffalo Homicide.

No suspects have been questioned in connection with this case and police cannot tell us how long the body has been in the water. The remains found Wednesday were taken to the medical examiner's office for testing later this morning. Police believe all the remains are from the same person.

http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=3765708&nav=0RapdkLw

Starting to wonder if this dive will be called due to weather conditions. Not supposed to be so nice on Wed, guess it depends on Katrina.

Back
Top Bottom