Aussie Diving March 15 - 31st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice to see your shots again Alcina! It was decided a while back that we would do Aussie threads.. first of the month to the 15th then 15th to end of month.... you didn't kill the thread
!

LOL I know that ... just goes to show you don't want to be the last poster in a week :wink:

LOL I know that ... just goes to show you don't want to be the last poster in a week :wink:

:)yep I know what you mean.. been there done that... esp when you have posted some pics you want to share of something really cool! :doh2:

I always enjoy your pic and info on your diving.. even if I turn a bit green sometimes:rofl3:

I am headed off to lady musgrave and lady elliot next weekend so pray for good weather for me....I have had my last 3 big dives cancelled due to terrible weather and I am starting to dry out!!

I am headed off to lady musgrave and lady elliot next weekend so pray for good weather for me....I have had my last 3 big dives cancelled due to terrible weather and I am starting to dry out!!

:signofcross::blessing::praying::worship:

Here's a few shots from our two dive yesterday (Saturday). As Alcina said the water was full of chunkies but there was a lot going on:

496246899_vqLN4-M.jpg

496246905_aCHc2-M.jpg

496029827_QfQ3G-M.jpg

496029894_F7SVL-M.jpg

496246941_9Q8Bj-M.jpg

496246947_Vw2Ae-L.jpg

496029865_Sy4kB-M.jpg

GUdge and Alcina ... you two sure are a good advertisement for diving Ningaloo ... your photos are incredible as always

I'll second that

Well I totally missed this thread until now! Amazing pictures from everyone. Petunia I am so jealous you got to play with a friendly octopus. :)

I have been out on a few dives since 15th but only have pictures from last night. Did 115mins at Rickett's Point, was lovely! Temp was 19C, viz was 10mish and the water was like glass it was so calm. I wore two hoods as I got cold the last few dives in a wetsuit and I was toasty warm the *whole* dive but it took longer to move my head :p

Here are some pictures :)
Clingfish - not sure what type. I rarely see these but there are heaps at Rickett's Point
3382599770_c6fd1cfd2c.jpg

Biggest Leatherjacket I have seen. Normal sized urchin in the background for perspective
3382601386_33fcb20938.jpg

Co-operative goatfish - generally they will swim off if I get anywhere near them
3381781143_9055f165df.jpg

Beautiful anemone
3382596262_9e8cf99be7.jpg

Greedy sea urchin
3381777279_4edc852fab.jpg

Great shots sas.... I like the decorated sea urchin and the leather jacket best

I got some photos of chilled_mammel from the other night. He was trying out something new - taped a block of lead to the camera to keep it stable and took long exposure shots (15s) whilst he swum around waving his torch around to light up a scene.

Given it's a strobeless P&S camera and his first attempt I think he did a great job!
3387084236_c7514b3c7d.jpg

We are going to do a night dive next week and try more of this on more interesting scenes :)

Back
Top Bottom