Aussie Diving... March 1st to 15th....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pics Sas ... I especially like the leatherjacket.

Yes the P93 has a minimum focus distance of 10cm, so any closer and you cant focus.

Well I got in a couple of dives over the weekend but I got so cold I think I need to do my next dive in a drysuit :wink: Air temp was cold and there was a lot of wind blowing so that didn't help. We did 91mins at St. Leonard's Pier and 71mins at the Ozone + Dominion wrecks. Luckily the wind had died down heaps when we did the wrecks and conditions were very calm. The rain and wind drove off the fishermen from St. Leonard's though earlier so we got to do along the rock wall as there weren't any lines to worry about. Below are some of my pics:

Dumpling Squid at Dominion + Ozone - haven't seen any for *ages*
3358718019_5985167ef8.jpg

Sea horse in a bush (Ozone)
3358717095_017e7f27e8.jpg

Another dumpling squid shot - thought it looked evil in this one :rofl3: (Ozone)
3358705729_934edcb13d.jpg

Rough Leatherjacket (St. Leonards)
3359530164_2d4f170d1e.jpg

Also I took a picture on shore of the Ozone wreck - you can see the paddlewheel sticking out of the water
3358715683_2098eb03d9.jpg

At the chippers for lunch - Paul was very cold :rofl3:
3359529674_73dd21029f.jpg

Sheila I have found I can't get too close with the Sony either. About 10cm macro I think. Paul's is 5cm and he wants a new camera that does 1cm :p

Nice shots Sas I like the evil dumpling and the CHILLED Chilled:rofl3:

Yes the focus distance is 10 cm but I find a lot of times you can get a good shot and if need be crop it to zoom in on a subject. That can work well if the thing you are interested in is in good focus.

Hi, hope you don't mind the question Gudge, but what sort of setup are you using. They are great photos. Thanks for sharing.

Canon 50D in a Subal housing with 2 x Inon Z240 strobes. Lenses I use are Canon 60 and 100 macro, Sigma 17-70 macro and Tokina 35 macro, 12-24 and 10-17 fisheye.

Sounds very impressive Gudge, but

... I now understand Almitywifes ... white noise ... white noise ... white noise :rofl3:

Where is the time going?? Things here are crazy busy for me though we're still not over-run with divers yet.

Whale Sharks have already started and we had excellent swims with them on Tuesday (we're out again today). Sadly, my little bum is still in the dive shop every day as I train new crew, get all the last minute things ready for season and answer all the emails!

I did get out with Gudge & Mrs Gudge last weekend and might get out again this weekend - we shall see. There's a little thread here and there's more on my blog. It was heavenly to be underwater again!! And I made a new friend :)
IMG_0609.jpg

I've also just started a new blog (you know, just coz I had all that extra time on my hands each week) to keep everyone out there up to date with all the happenings here on the Ningaloo Reef so check it out, subscribe, comment and if you've been out diving here, contribute!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom