Authorized Dealer Price Match for Leisure Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quetzal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
"Will Scuba.com match or beat any unauthorized dealer's price?
Not only will Scuba.com match AND beat any authorized dealer's price, but we also offer price protection against all unauthorized, gray-market dealers as well. Because these dealers do not provide a full manufacturers warranty with their products, we will match the price. Please allow us 2-3 business days to confirm that the retailer has the item in stock at the price you have indicated. If the unauthorized dealer has the product in stock, we will provide the full manufacturers warranty. Scuba.com is an authorized dealer for all the dive gear we sell."http://www.scuba.com/happycustomers.asp
Anyone have experience with these guys?
It looks to me that they will match Leisurepros price and give you the full warranty.
Do you know of anyone else who does this?

Scubatoys does price matching and to my knowledge is an authorised dealer for the gear they sell.:coffee:

Scubatoys does price matching and to my knowledge is an authorised dealer for the gear they sell.:coffee:

Same way? Good to know thanks.

Not only will Scuba.com match AND beat any authorized dealer's price, but we also offer price protection against all unauthorized, gray-market dealers as well. Because these dealers do not provide a full manufacturers warranty with their products, we will match the price. Please allow us 2-3 business days to confirm that the retailer has the item in stock at the price you have indicated. If the unauthorized dealer has the product in stock, we will provide the full manufacturers warranty. Scuba.com is an authorized dealer for all the dive gear we sell."http://www.scuba.com/happycustomers.asp
It looks to me that they will match Leisurepros price and give you the full warranty.
Do you know of anyone else who does this?

I've used this pricematch from scuba.com before. As I recall they are also an LDS in California somewhere.

scubatoys will too. You'll probably notice that a lot of online sellers list a particular OMS item for the exact same price. It's the MAP, and the lowest an authorized dealer can advertise. To get a better deal you can (1) ask, (2) get free shipping, or (3) use a % off code.

Scubatoys has 10% off for SB members and free shipping right now.

There are probably other deal out there too, being the shopping (opps...holiday) season and all.

Rich

Scubatoys won't give you the 10% on a price-match if it's lower than what they're selling it for. But they will check the price while you're on the phone. It can be advantageous to call them also.

Divers Direct does also.

Scubatoys.com and divesports.com will also pricematch LP and there is no 2 - 3 day wait for confirmation. They also seem to both have a better reputation on this board than Scuba.com. There are quite a number of complaints about Scuba.com's service and business practices.

[snip]

There are several threads here and on other boards that have details of peoples experience with Scuba.com. Some are positive, and some are negative. But you can read and form your own opinion. However, I think you'll find that there is a higher percentage of negative experiences with their customer service as compared to other online vendors on Scubaboard.

Here is one recent thread detailing customer service issues with Scuba.com
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/whine-cheeze/194089-scuba-com.html (thread title)

Who else will match grey market dealer prices?

Dive Sports (URL Discount Scuba Gear - Scuba Equipment Online - Discount Scuba Equipment) will as will Scuba Toys (URL Scuba Gear and Scuba Diving Equipment - Discount dive gear) and several others.... you also don't have to worry about poor customer service issues from these vendors.

Chances are you'll get a better price from them anyway. My thoughts are when a vendor like this will give you a better price and better customer service, why bother changing to some "unkown" that has a poor customer service record?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom