Avalon Harbor Cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good to meet more of you in person!

Actually, there were a number of interesting finds, including an unopened jar of Jiff peanut butter. The item that won in the "most perverted" category defies explanation and would probably run afoul of the TOS, but there are photos of it on another board. Let's just say it involved a plastic bagel half, a plastic cockroach, and a small plastic replica of ... well, male anatomy, connected with monofilament. I can't even speculate what this was.

scubalaurel:
Vis started out at 20-25+ at the green pier, until all the other (non-DIR) divers showed up. As if all their finning wasn't messing up the vis enough, there was the weight of the clean-up bags dragging along the bottom, too!!

Don't forget the bat rays... they helped stir up the sediments too!

Dr. Bill

drbill:
Don't forget the bat rays... they helped stir up the sediments too!

Dr. Bill

Well, Bill, I didn't see any Bat Rays, so they must have been running away from you! I think you may have been the cause of the disturbances :wink:

I'm sorry I missed your videos on Saturday night. I started to feel ill about 7 pm, and fell asleep about 8:30. I think I am getting old... :nighty:

The bat rays were out at about 35-60 ft. There were several, but they were very hard to see due to the resuspended sediments. Of course it was very hard for them to see as well. One came at me and I started filming it until it finally got a glimpse of me and did an abrupt 180. I didn't see that initially due to the murk and continued to film "empty" space!

Sorry you missed the show, ScubaLaurel. Of course the DVD should be out soon (I've been saying that for 3 months now).

Dr. Bill

Well sounds like you all had a blast again this year. Hopefuly I will be in country next year and be able to make it again. I was thinking about all of you on my day off hopeing you all found some fun exciting and interesting stuff. DR. Bill Hopefuly I will be heading out to catalina a little after I get back we should hook up for some diving been a long time. Hope Cali is treating you all well. We are looking at a nice little storm coming in here today and for the lucky souls who do not have to work the diving is going to be choppy as hell.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom