Backup mask choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanic shadows are great

H20 oddesey (scubapro copy nice and cheap)

I carry the same mask I wear. Very low volume US Divers something.

MD

I don't carry a backup at the moment, however I'd probably get the same one that I use as a primary which is one made by Halcyon. Just like their other equipment it is made well, simple, low profile (not all their stuff is low profile but you know what I mean) and in this case inexpensive ($48US).

jaydee197:
i use the cressi sub big eye for my primary, love that mask

That is one pimp mask, I should get one, and use my current Cressi as a backup. I simulated a lost/broken mask on my last dive and I could not read my computer. Will be interesting. Thank the lord geezuz I don't solo...........

ShakaZulu:
That is one pimp mask, I should get one, and use my current Cressi as a backup. I simulated a lost/broken mask on my last dive and I could not read my computer. Will be interesting. Thank the lord geezuz I don't solo...........

yeah its bad ***. I did hear one guy say on this board that he had one break on him...The frame cracked or somehing..Never had issues with mine..easy to see stuff on your chest piece...what cressi are you using now JD

Just get the smallest one that still fits and seals. You will most likely never need it but it will do the trick for that dive to get you out and back to the surface if you need to use it. That's all it's for.

You want it to be small so it fits in your pocket. I have a Cressi Sub Super Occhio. Lots of others will work also. Just go for as small as will work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom