Bad hotel experience (Ashton Inn) in Pensacola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HilaryRN71

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wanted to share with my fellow divers my negative experiences when I was planning my trip there to dive the "O" in July. I had reservations at the Ashton Inn and Suites for my trip there.

I didn't get to go due to other things that came up, when I went to cancel my hotel reservation 72 hours in advance (the policy for the hotel is 24 hours) I was given a cancellation confirmation number and figured that was taken care of. NOT. I was a charged a nights stay on my credit card. When I called the first week of July, I was told by staff at the hotel that they had my cancellation, they were sorry that I had been charged and would refund the $94.78 promptly. Two months, several phone calls and faxed credit card statements and unfulfilled promises later, I still haven't been refunded. Today I was told I was a liar, that I had made up my cancellation number (even tho I had been told they had it on record on several previous calls) and that it would not be refunded.

Incidently, my friends that stayed there had a negative experience as well. They arrived for a late check in, opened the door to their room to find someones leftover breakfast remnants and clothes. The room had not been cleaned. They were unable to find the hotel staff again to find another room, and of course their complaints were ignored the next day.

Of course I've taken it up with my credit card company, and I'm confident it will be resolved to my satisfaction. But I wanted to warn other divers of this experience and encourage them to explore other lodging options in the Pensacola area when diving the "O".

HilaryRN71:
Incidently, my friends that stayed there had a negative experience as well. They arrived for a late check in, opened the door to their room to find someones leftover breakfast remnants and clothes. The room had not been cleaned. They were unable to find the hotel staff again to find another room, and of course their complaints were ignored the next day.

A group of us stayed there July 4th weekend and that exact thing happened to one of my friends. The desk clerk said something about them having problems with people sneaking in and staying in empty rooms. Makes you feel secure, huh?

As for the overcharge, stop screwin' with the hotel people and just dispute the charges on your credit card. Although, it's probably too late now, I think you have to dispute it within 60 days. Sounds like maybe they sweet talked you during this period and once you're time was up they turned the screws.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom