Bad photographers at SCUBA Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll just add this request:

If you are a diving photographer going through a swimthrough with other divers behind you, please do not stop to take a picture until you are clear of the exit. Thank you.

A swim-through is often a no win situation for a photographer.

You let everyone else go through first: 9/10 times it's silted out so bad that any photos you take look like it's snowing.

You go first and stop for a few photos: the group behind you is stuck with 9/10 of them annoyed and 3/10 may not have the buoyancy control to just hover and wait without blowing out the viz or crashing into something or someone.

Might be better to say don't follow a photog through a swim through it you can't stop and hover a minute?

I think I will stick with what I said.

Well, then let me try again: Often photogs will stop and take a picture. If this might affect you in a negative manner, be proactive, solve your own issues and don't be behind them.

Is that better? If I see a moray in a swim through getting his teeth cleaned, I am getting that picture. (Well, more like I will TRY to get that picture.)

I'm either doing video or WA photos on the deeper Coz dives. With WA I rarely stop. I line up shots and angles before hand as I approach, more like a drive by....LOL. As far as swim throughs, I usually don't even bother with taking stills. 9/10 I'm the last in line and like JamesR said it's pretty much snowing when I go through. If I do take stills and on that extremely rare occasion someone is behind me, it's shoot as I move. I vid going through, but rarely get decent segments, because of the inclement weather :rain:

Well, then let me try again: Often photogs will stop and take a picture. If this might affect you in a negative manner, be proactive, solve your own issues and don't be behind them.

Is that better? If I see a moray in a swim through getting his teeth cleaned, I am getting that picture. (Well, more like I will TRY to get that picture.)
I would just as soon they didn't stop. I know you are just being your usual argumentative self :D but IMO anyone who stops for any length of time in a swimthrough with divers behind him is putting others at risk for his own selfish reasons.

I know you are just being your usual argumentative self :D

That was hurtful..... :crying:

I mean if you are going to violate training by diving in an overhead environment, what is the big deal with waiting a second for me to get a pic of that cleaning station?

On the other hand, I have only ever found a moray cleaning station in a swim-though once. And I was last in line as usual. And I blew the photo anyway.

That was hurtful..... :crying:

I mean if you are going to violate training by diving in an overhead environment, what is the big deal with waiting a second for me to get a pic of that cleaning station?

On the other hand, I have only ever found a moray cleaning station in a swim-though once. And I was last in line as usual. And I blew the photo anyway.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings; I should have known that would happen, you being so sensitive and all… :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom