Bad Sunday night: pain after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you did exactly what you should have done. You recognized that there was a problem and that it would be wise to seek medical attention. The paper I was referring (still searching) to dealt with is it the proper course of treatment to allow mild DCS to 1. resolve itself or 2. treat with O2 only or 3. chamber treatment. I posted the article only to reassure you that what you did was the correct thing to do and to remind you that if hit you could be more susceptible in the future.

dkktsunami: I'm in my 20s but I'll get there eventually!

Update on symptoms: I went to my regular general practitioner today. There is some remaining tenderness in my right shoulder that he says is consistent in position with a rotator cuff injury.

scubadale: Ah OK, thanks, I misunderstood the meaning you meant to convey. I will certainly be alert to the increased risk of injury in the future and look at planning more conservative profiles or diving similar profiles on Nitrox.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom