Bahamas: Missing Female Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The information that the divers first posted is probably the most accurate account that we would get from them. The closer the to incident the fresher the memory. Some details may be accurate and some may be blown out of proportion.

Without someone getting an incident report from the authorities we will never get the full story. Given that their goverment doesn't operate the same as ours it may not be possible to get a copy of the offical report like you can here in the United States where any public record is avaliable to all.

All unfortunate stories.

Issue one: have good buoyancy skills if you're doing a wall.

Issue two: if a diver is narced, there's that little gizmo on the BC called an inflator. If someone is narced out of their mind, take them up WITH you.

I think people forget this is an assumed risk sport. It is unfortunate that instructors exist that will "pass" you in a class when you're really not ready. There is too much pressure to pass people that aren't ready.

And, sadly, people can die from not being ready. Sometimes you just need to work up to a dive site. No way would I take beginners on a wall dive.

Sad, sad, sad.

I have read many post from the time I last spoke here I can findly enter the water and not have this as my first vision, just being there doesn't make me or any of us that were there know what happen. As far as getting a copy of the report that will never happen as long as the case stays open ,neither will the investigators tell what any one said, I have ask them only to be told [we cant say what anyone told us] , [but we will be happy to try an answer your Questions] I am sure that this day will be with each an every one of us on that dive that day , and hope that we all will take the steps as we dive to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks for checking back in and good luck with your diving Meg I am sorry it has impacted on you so much! I have said all along that Mrs Wood and her family were not the only victims of that incident and your statements give evidence to that.

I hope in this thread somewhere you have gained some support and help in dealing with a terrible event that occurred as a result of something that was totally and completely out of your control!

without information ot os easy to speculate. I am sure the authorities will interview friends and family as to how she was doing mentally/emotionally. it is highly unusual for someone in panic mode to push away help.

i dived with Stuart Cove and found them to be professional...just my experience.

regards

I was surprised to see that almost all of my posts had been removed from this thread and when I tried to log in it didn't recognize my account? Only Halcyon was an available user name? Wth? Don't I already have this account? Any way I have been in contact with the FDI related to the investigation of this case and they are going to email me what they believe to have transpired that morning. Meg I will PM it in its entirety to you and summarize it in my post. Unlike Meg I have no problem diving again and even chose to do the second dive less than 2 hours after seeing another diver disappear. We all know that diving at depth or even getting into to water wearing suba equipment carries a certain risk, personally I get a buzz from that risk. The risks of diving in my opinion can not be calculated based on the behavior or actions of others. Know your limitations, never rely on a buddy, they are there only as a last resort if you can't help yourself. And never ever, ever place your safety in the hands of a resort DM. It's not fair to them and more importantly endangering your own life, the only life you will ever have.

I was surprised to see that almost all of my posts had been removed from this thread and when I tried to log in it didn't recognize my account? Only Halcyon was an available user name? Wth? Don't I already have this account?
I don't know? :idk: It's been over a year since anyone posted to this thread. Did you use the same email addy? Looks like this is your only post. :confused:

Of course I used the same email I'm not retarded! I received my dive computer back from the FDI's only a few weeks ago and have been thinking about it ever since. I'm going to email scuba board to find out why all my posts were removed but wanted to post something before contacting them.

Of course I used the same email I'm not retarded! I received my dive computer back from the FDI's only a few weeks ago and have been thinking about it ever since. I'm going to email scuba board to find out why all my posts were removed but wanted to post something before contacting them.
I didn't suggest that you were. In a year and a half, some people forget little details here and there; just offering possible suggestions. So email SB and sorry I was here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom