Balance Chamber Identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bingo, G500-1998-06.pdf shows the USA version balance chamber that we are looking for. Nice.

Item 30 SP p/n 11-500-026

upload_2018-8-24_22-45-18.png

Thank you guys SO MUCH!
Too funny that the answer was in an old post of mine on a related, but different subject: the curly foot lever.

Yes, I have original G500 bal chbrs. They don't appear to unthread into two pieces.
Alas, I'm in the airport on the way to Grand Cayman, and can't check for a week. :facepalm:

Bwaahahaha!

@couv , I finished ID'ing and sent most of Bryan's parts back before I left. There's a little Dacor stuff left to track down part numbers for.
The coolest thing is that he now has a stash of Dacor Balanced Olympic parts!
20150313_105233.jpg
I haven't serviced one of those since 2015! I had ONE sintered filter left in my stash, and now he has a bunch! Too cool.

@Kupu , I have a curly foot lever I can send you. PM me, in a week.

Alas, I'm in the airport on the way to Grand Cayman, and can't check for a week.

Oh, you poor tortured soul having to go to Grand Cayman.

Dacor Olympic was my first regulator. I kept a car key in the screw on/off cap, the second stage had an interesting air barrel/orifice combination too.

Do try to have a bit of fun whilst you're forced away from your parts research.

@Kupu , I have a curly foot lever I can send you. PM me, in a week.

I am going to pull apart a few second stages and see if I can find a curly foot lever to try, my wife's S600 seems like a likely candidate. Thank you for the generous offer, I don't see any levers on ebay at the moment and will PM if a curly foot lever is needed for the G500.

Currently reviewing the G250 lever & poppet thread, which has good info relevant to my G500 questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom