Bald Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW....I have issues with long hair. I am sometimes envious of my male dive buddies who can put their hoods on in seconds and are not fighting bangs coming out the front and the inevitable knots from hell after the dive.

You know, you could shave your head too. :wink:

You know, you could shave your head too. :wink:
I have thought about cutting my hair short for just this reason (is that scuba addiction?), and I actually did once a few years ago. My BF was out of town and I flew in to meet him. His first words when I got off the plane was, How long is that going to take to grow back? :idk:

Now the she-p. That requires a whole other aspect of baldness. :D

Bald women can be beautiful...

demi-moore.jpg

I was wondering if anyone on here has been diving while wearing a hair piece.

I first started diving "hairless" in 1972 with the Navy (they have a hate against hair). Sorry, I can't help you with this one... :)

FREEDOM! Set yourself free! Most of my hair betrayed me and left 30 years ago. I cut what’s left short, it’s the perfect dive hair, and I couldn’t care less what anybody thinks about it. I wear a Lycra hood in the warm water though as I tend to get cold no matter where I dive.

I have thought about cutting my hair short for just this reason (is that scuba addiction?), and I actually did once a few years ago. My BF was out of town and I flew in to meet him. His first words when I got off the plane was, How long is that going to take to grow back? :idk:

Now the she-p. That requires a whole other aspect of baldness. :D

There might be a rug for that purpose also ..............but I may have digressed a bit from the original topic.......

Being a bald headed diver allows one to experience first hand how much heat is lost through the head.

I always wear a hood of some type. In very, very warm water (84 degrees +) I will wear a Doo-Rag. One thing I don't want is a sunburned scalp . . . . oooooohhhhh that smarts!!!

the K

I am also bald. I hated being bald but after watching one of my dive buddies that has real thick hair fight from keeping it out of his mask, I will gladly wair a hood and a hat on the surface. Now beeing bald is not as bad.

Back
Top Bottom