Bali Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverinpink

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, have 4 nights in Bali at the end of July and I'd like to get a bit of diving in while I'm there. A house reef would be fantastic (unguided diving or the like) but not mandatory. I've looked at Scuba Seraya, but it seems that they're booked up for the time I'd be there. I've spent a little bit of time in Amed and diving the Liberty and a couple of nearby spots a number of years ago so I know what to expect in terms of the diving around there. Does anyone have any recommendations for spots to stay at? Don't need to go dirt cheap but would rather not spend 5* prices (although would consider because not there for too long). Will also spend some time at Ubud on the non-dive day. Thanks!

Tulamben Wreck Divers. :D Good guides, comfortable & clean accommodation, with pool but won't break the bank... :wink: Nitrox is also available...

Hello "Diver in Pink"

What about Villa Markisa? They are next to Scuba Seraya; therefore you can dive Seraya reef as much as you want from shore and you are only a few minutes away by boat from Tulamben Liberty wreck.

Best!

To OnTheSpot - Thanks so much for your suggestion. Unfortunately TTT is booked the dates we will be in Bali. It does look like a great resort - next time!

To Scuba Dive Asia - Great suggestion. I've been in contact with Christiane at Villa Markisa. Can anyone who's stayed at VM give me feedback on their experience?

Hi xariatay - Thanks for suggestion. Good reviews. Will contact them about availability.

diverpink,
July is high season in Bali. In case all above recommended accommodation are fully booked, you can consider:
- Mimpi resort, nice house reef only 30 m from the restaurant - 400 m from the wreck.
- Liberty Dive Resort, relatively new resort, clean not exactly at the beach but close to the wreck.
- Puri Madha, best location to dive the wreck. Budget resort but their new bungalow is okay.
- Joe's Diving - on the street side but close to the wreck, nice rooms inside the fort, has small pool, very good food, mainly cater german / European divers.
- Villa Toya, luxury villa near the wreck, few units are ready for sale or rent. Don't think they have own dive operation. Very quite; no body at their restaurant/office when i stopped there.

Back
Top Bottom