Bali opening?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The data show vaccination works. Testing vaccinated US citizens prior to going home implies that they don’t believe the vaccination works and wasting resource, people’s time and money that could be used for accelerating the world wide vaccination rate, which has been so slooow, way far behind than the USA.

Right now I can just walk to Walmart Pharmacy and get my shots right away. People from overseas are coming to USA as vaccine tourists and can get the shots for free.

The data show vaccination works. Testing vaccinated US citizens prior to going home implies that they don’t believe the vaccination works and wasting resource, people’s time and money that could be used for accelerating the world wide vaccination rate, which has been so slooow, way far behind than the USA.

Right now I can just walk to Walmart Pharmacy and get my shots right away. People from overseas are coming to USA as vaccine tourists and can get the shots for free.
How do you prove it to ALL other countries that you have been fully vaccinated?
Unless Thailand is going to relax on its present entry requirement. There is NO chance you can bring your clients to dive Similan this winter.
The whole world is NOT operating around just one person.

I just came back from Belize, found this annoying too... The Belizean gov has no problem accepting my CDC vaccination record as proof, the US gov, nope...

Reactions: Dan
How do you prove it to ALL other countries that you have been fully vaccinated?
Unless Thailand is going to relax on its present entry requirement. There is NO chance you can bring your clients to dive Similan this winter.
The whole world is NOT operating around just one person.
I don’t work in any dive travel agency. I have no client. I just love going diving all over the world. I retired after 35 years of working as Chemical Engineer. Everyday is a holiday for me now. I mostly go on my own. Sometimes I bring my still working dive buddies as I’m assigned as a tour leader for my dive club. I would go to places that would accept me.

If Thailand would not accept my CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record as a proof that I have been fully vaccinated with Moderna vaccines with lot numbers, date of shots given, official stamp of the health care professionals printed on the card, then a loss of customer for them.

There are plenty of better diving destinations in this world. I have been going to other dive destinations that would accept me. Last December I was in Cocos (on Okeanos Aggressor). In January I was in Socorro (on Nautilus Belle Amie). In February I was in Belize (in Ramon’s Village Resort). In March I was in Maldives (on Carpe Vita & Emperor Leo). In May I was back to Socorro (I was leading my group that was planned 2+ years in advance to be on Nautilus Belle Amie). Next week I’ll be in Malpelo (on Ferox). In August I’ll be in Guadalupe Island (on Nautilus Belle Amie). In September I’ll be in Cocos again (this is another club trip planned 3 years ago to be on Argo). In October I’ll be in Tiger Beach (another club trip planned 2 years ago to be on Dolphin Dream). So do you get my drift?

I just came back from Belize, found this annoying too... The Belizean gov has no problem accepting my CDC vaccination record as proof, the US gov, nope...
Your administration would have to come up with a solution eventually.
How to prove to the rest of the world that you(American) have been fully vaccinated?
In the meantime:
See How Vaccinations Are Going in Your County and State

Not yet 50% is fully vaccinated for the whole nation.

No big deal. It a big wide world out there. There are plenty of other places to visit where they welcome Americans! That’s my point!
As I had already said the whole world is not operating around one person or one nation!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom