Bali opening?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How will the USA know that its own citizens are vaccinated? Vaccine IDs are illegal in some states.
Do you see anyway around it?
Only 47% is fully vaccinated and still a long way off to achieve the so called "herd immunity" of 70%.
I cannot see how the State Dept can convince other countries to exempt American from producing an official vaccination record.

You could not even convince your own Gov to let you re-entry without any test!
I don't waste my time doing anything with government. Just mention it to SB folk about it. I've done the test about 10 times by now. It's no biggy. In some places I even got it for free (in USA, Nautilus in Mexico, Ramon's Village in Belize, etc.).

As long as they let me travel to where ever I want to go, I don't mind taking the swab test.

Do you see anyway around it?
Only 47% is fully vaccinated and still a long way off to achieve the so called "herd immunity" of 70%.
I cannot see how the State Dept can convince other countries to exempt American from producing an official vaccination record.

Who cares about this? No idea why you even mention it. I’m only talking about verifying vaccination. The actual rates are spurios and irrelevant to this discussion.

Reactions: Dan
Who cares about this? No idea why you even mention it. I’m only talking about verifying vaccination. The actual rates are spurios and irrelevant to this discussion.
I am talking the verification of the vaccination since there is NO official one in USA.

Your administration would have to come up with a solution eventually.
How to prove to the rest of the world that you(American) have been fully vaccinated?
In the meantime:
See How Vaccinations Are Going in Your County and State

Not yet 50% is fully vaccinated for the whole nation.

I'd think it would be pretty easy for my health care provider to complete a form confirming I had been vaccinated, for any Nation interested.

Of course countries have the right to control their own borders, but I understand many nations are hurting due to the lack of tourism dollars, and I would think they would want to reopen asap. Our recent trip to Belize was in lieu of a group trip to Bali that had to be canceled. Not sure how it was in Indonesia's best interest to keep out a group of fully vaccinated people who wanted to spend money there.

Although I understand other nation's rules, far more than I understand the US's requirement for testing US citizens who have been fully vaccinated.

I am pretty sure many places are crying out for money but what kept them from opening? I am NOT in any position to answer that.
Political decision is never easy to understand.
What made you think that the document produced by your health care provider would be accepted world wide?

We have many cases that people arrived with -ve test result but were proved otherwise.

Government invokes place-specific flight suspension mechanism for Indonesia and suspends passenger flights from there

What made you think that the document produced by your health care provider would be accepted world wide?

I don't. My thought was if a country wants to verify a visitors vaccine status, they could have their own form or process, which would be completed by the health care provider, and sent prior to travel. I am thinking something similar to what the state of Hawaii did regarding PCR tests, but with vaccination confirmation.

I imagine there are a few different ways to skin that cat. Though maybe if a country is on the verge of opening anyway, putting a new system in place isn't worth messing around with.

“According to the World Health Organization, Indonesia’s new Covid cases reported between June 21 and June 27 are up 60% from the week before. Some 2,476 deaths were also recorded in that period.

As of June 29, Indonesia has confirmed 2.16 million coronavirus infections and 58,024 deaths, data from Johns Hopkins University indicated.”

It sounds like what happened in India is repeating in Indonesia. I would think neighboring countries connected by land to India, like Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand & Malaysia would get more of the brunt than Indonesia. What’s happening with those countries?

I just postponed my Wakatobi trip until mid-2022 die to the cases rising in Indonesia. I just don't see how they can get their act together with only 5% of the population vaccinated and cases on the rise.

And just to add something to the discussion (and not to get into a debate) about why countries, such as the US, want vaccinated citizens to be tested upon their return is that the vaccine does not prevent you from carrying the virus and transmitting it to unvaccinated people. At less than 50% fully vaccinated for the US (which is much higher than most countries in the world), we are not close to herd immunity. At least traveling to some diving destinations is an option now and it should only get better as time passes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom