Bands to hold purge valve open

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Positively.

When you have the 2nd's serviced after the 2 years interval, the seats get replaced, no worry. And if you do it yourself, and if you have the puck style seat, you can flip it and get another 2 years.

On a good day, if you ask nicely, the elves may even let you in on the secret of crafting the seats yourself for less than a nickel a pie'. :D

And I was trying to figure out if "elf" was a TLA (three letter acronym, yes even Three Letter Acronyms have their own TLA)

Just to update, I stopped using the band on my Delta 2 as the plastic was getting deformed in the purge valve and I was afraid it was starting to stick open. I'm still using a band on the Alpha which has a different purge valve design.

Adam

I don’t even know if I can comment on such an old post but here goes anyway.

I just watched Alec Pierce’s video on regulator storage and purge valve depression.
Just thought I would show my 2 min solution - about as basic as it gets. I suppose there is a risk that the purge valve button might get deformed permanently if on too long.

. CC4D83E7-353D-47DC-9BBD-D0B9163C8239.jpeg

Given how easy it is on most second stages to remove the purge cover and diaphragm, I would just do that and depress the lever directly. But I am too lazy even for that so I just bought Atomic regs

Great going there man

Those yellow covers tend to disintegrate so yeah, but here's a guy
I've dealt with for 10 years for later model non disintegrating ones

He's Alex the service guy

Items for sale by alexreserved | eBay

Not Alec the service guy

Get in touch with me if you need some bits

Oh yeah, if the seat takes a set it will only leak into your mouth

Back
Top Bottom