Bashing Each other, It is not necessary. I seem to have done it then I apologize.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
detroit diver:
His post really had nothing to do with DIR. His point was well made, and some folks could learn a lot from reading it.
I don't know if you've spent any time over there, but before you go hailing the vitures you should see how the author interprets and uses the lesson...

James

James Goddard:
I don't know if you've spent any time over there, but before you go hailing the vitures you should see how the author interprets and uses the lesson...
So Jammer is an idiot and suffers from a bad case of "do what I say not what I do", big deal. I find it horribly ironic that instead of taking what they can from the article and moving on people feel compelled to argue and pick it apart. *sigh*

There are definately "good" student lessons in there, not sure about the instructor's attitude though. The shut your mouth, open your ears/eyes to the info presented is always a good lesson for life.

James Goddard:

James

I've been there and done that as they say. Regardless of how he uses it , etc., the piece was well written and some new divers on this board and thread should read it and take heart.

I don't mind spending time with people and showing them how to do things, but I won't do that for folks like beachblanketbingo that don't want to listen. Everything in her post is argumentative and she's got a serious issue with those that might know more than her.

Lots of anger on this thread

mikswi:
Lots of anger on this thread
I suggest a nice bit of meditation whilst sucking on compressed air at around 60ft watching fish swim by on the reef - OM

beachdivequeenbelam:
I posted it to make the others happy, and so that everyone can see why the gentleman said what he did about rec.scuba. It is why I came to this board. TO each his own, including you and yours.

Thanks

Well thank you for posting it here. Did you ask the poster's permission to do so?

My guess is that you can't make up your mind what you want. I, for one, have had enough with your rants on "tech divers". I don't know what you learned in the army, but it sure didn't teach you to close your mouth for a while and listen to those that might know better than you.

Good luck to you on your dive career. I certainly hope you can find someone willing to put up with your nonsense and unwillingness to learn.

You have a piss poor attitude and need to shut up and listen for a while. You might actually learn something.

Or you can just rant and rave about "tech divers" and their nastiness. Your choice. Learn, or complain.

detroit diver:
Well thank you for posting it here. Did you ask the poster's permission to do so?

My guess is that you can't make up your mind what you want. I, for one, have had enough with your rants on "tech divers". I don't know what you learned in the army, but it sure didn't teach you to close your mouth for a while and listen to those that might know better than you.

Good luck to you on your dive career. I certainly hope you can find someone willing to put up with your nonsense and unwillingness to learn.

You have a piss poor attitude and need to shut up and listen for a while. You might actually learn something.

Or you can just rant and rave about "tech divers" and their nastiness. Your choice. Learn, or complain.

I have had enough of her too. She boasts about her desire to learn but she won't listen to a word from any of the EXPERIENCED divers.

I have several friends who are instructors, tech divers, etc. I had a discussion with one of my instructor friends not too long ago, and I posed the question: "What makes a good diver vs. a bad diver?"

Her response:

"A bad diver is an overconfident diver or a nervous diver. Overconfidence and nervousness alike will prevent a diver from seeing where they need improvement or from evolving as a diver. Overconfidence is probably the worst."

"A good diver is one who listens to advice, one who constantly works on their skills, and one who stays up to date on equipment, techniques, etc."

Dive Queen whatever is clearly in the overconfident category. She isn't even mature enough to admit that she doesn't know it all. If she gets an answer she doesn't like, she gets nasty and defensive, like a child.

This is probably off color, but she's just young and dumb. 28 going on 40.

She has no business "helping out" other divers or giving them advice. She can't even handle her own buoyancy by her own admission in early posts.

I agree Detroit Diver, she needs to make up her mind. Her posts are full of self-contradictions.

caribdiver:
I have had enough of her too. She boasts about her desire to learn but she won't listen to a word from any of the EXPERIENCED divers.

I have several friends who are instructors, tech divers, etc. I had a discussion with one of my instructor friends not too long ago, and I posed the question: "What makes a good diver vs. a bad diver?"

Her response:

"A bad diver is an overconfident diver or a nervous diver. Overconfidence and nervousness alike will prevent a diver from seeing where they need improvement or from evolving as a diver. Overconfidence is probably the worst."

"A good diver is one who listens to advice, one who constantly works on their skills, and one who stays up to date on equipment, techniques, etc."

Dive Queen whatever is clearly in the overconfident category. She isn't even mature enough to admit that she doesn't know it all. If she gets an answer she doesn't like, she gets nasty and defensive, like a child.

This is probably off color, but she's just young and dumb. 28 going on 40.

She has no business "helping out" other divers or giving them advice. She can't even handle her own buoyancy by her own admission in early posts.

I agree Detroit Diver, she needs to make up her mind. Her posts are full of self-contradictions.

Thank you for being a follower of a group. It is so nice that you posted what you did without any regard to my feelings. You have 16 posts and I doubt you could have read everything I posted. Oh I forgot I am a "troll" so I guess I have no feelings and I am not a human being. SO go ahead and make your statements without facts to back them up.

You have a very nice day and go see how many other people you can be soo helpful too.

Thanks for your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom