Bat Ray at Breakwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bogie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I saw 4 or 5 foot Bat Ray last week (9th) at Breakwater. It scared me at first. This huge black swimming creature came up to me suddenly and silently. It swam around me only a few feet away. What a beautiful sleek animal. I took a 15 second video from my Sealife camera but I don't know how to post it.

What a thrill.

You never know what you will see in the sea. It is always an adventure.

Wow James id love to see that video. just post it on Youtube and then make a link here. We were diving BW today total about 140 minutes, very murky at wall side we found bunch of baby abalones freely walking the rocks, on metridium side played with several octopis.

very cool! they came by for a few weeks last fall too. I hope they are still there next time I'm there.

Very nice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way cool! We have been seeing them in Mendocino lately. My friend spotted one over the weekend that he said was the biggest he had ever seen, just North of the Albion river. We saw a small one around 3 feet, at Caspar, a few weeks ago.

The more I dive up North the more I am liking it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom