Bauer Fitting Types

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wwunder

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys, I'm doing some work on an old Utilus U-1 and have a nearly identical but older K-13. I am interested in putting together some fittings and gauges to be able to check the interstage pressures and am also interested in moving the final relief valve to another location. Can anyone tell me the fitting / thread type for the following fittings?

N3063K - Final relief valve. I would like to find a fitting to adapt this to NPT to mount into a tee.
5235K - First stage safety valve.
1527K - Second stage safety on the K13.

Legendary problem...I think a lot of them are freaking BSP !
I also moved my k-14 first stage OPV.
I cut a male BSP to 1/4 NPT and threw on a 80 psi kunkle valve.
A lathe helps a lot for this, though you can buy the adapter, somewhere !
Final relief ? T it off the 1/4 tubing going to the final filter, very likely your final; separator has a tapped 1/4 fnpt hole in the top.
If you need photos p.m me.
Or better yet, Jeff at filter techs can probably get these parts for you.

Thanks, I think you are right about them being BSP. The final safety looks like a tapered thread, but the others are straight. I do have a lathe, but i can't cut 19 TPI... I'm sure I can track down the right adapters if I can correctly identify the ones I need.

Thanks, I think you are right about them being BSP. The final safety looks like a tapered thread, but the others are straight. I do have a lathe, but i can't cut 19 TPI... I'm sure I can track down the right adapters if I can correctly identify the ones I need.

talk to Jeff
Air Compressor Replacement Parts - FilterTechs

Or the wizard of Bauer, Porter at August Industries.

I spent some time last night doing some measuring and its definitely not BSPP threads. The first stage pop off valve on the U-1 is M16x1.5 female and the on my older K13 its M14x1.5 female. Now I'll see if I can find some simple, cheap adapters.

I spent some time last night doing some measuring and its definitely not BSPP threads. The first stage pop off valve on the U-1 is M16x1.5 female and the on my older K13 its M14x1.5 female. Now I'll see if I can find some simple, cheap adapters.

Try Voss Hydraulic or Eaton fittings M16 and M14 x 1.5 are standard euro threads used on the Bauer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom