Bay Islands travel is cheap right now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sololady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Continental through Houston has excellent prices from MSY (New Orleans) to SAP
(San Pedro Sula) right now. A private driver can get you to the ferries in time to sail and make the trip in shortest time.

PM me for the number and email of my favorite driver. If it can be done...he will do it.

If you have frequent flyer miles, its not hard to get reward seats to Roatan, especially on Sundays and Wednesdays.

I was able to get two Continental flights Saturday to Saturday in April from ORD through Houston direct to Roatan for $630 each. It's gone back up to over $800 since I booked on about the 2nd...

If I were will to do 3-4 stops on TACA could've gotten flights for $350ish, but no way I'm willing to risk the connection through San Pedro to RTB.

I just found tickets on American out of Miami for under $400....

I flew Houston to Roatan for the week of Dec 27th-Jan 3rd on TACA. This was my first trip on TACA and I was very impressed. They allowed me to carry on my 42lb carry on once I told them it contained video gear, and gave a first class upgrade. On the return trip we were in coach, but still much better leg room than the US carriers I flown. Also, they provided lunch and a mixed drink in coach at no additional charge. The plane was an A320 and the crew was very nice. I usually fly Continental, but TACA offered a much better price for this flight, and I must say the room and service were better than I had when I flew the Continental B737.

TACA is now a delight, since they have felt the heat of competition from Continental.

On Dec 18th 2008, we paid $755 for April 4-18 and $695 for April 11-18 for ORD>IAH>RTB Round Trip, Continental

Two weeks ago (1/5) we books tickets from ORD>IAH>RTB on Continental for $630. By 1/11 the same flights had gone up to over $900.

Glad I decided not to wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom